or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

That's generally what happens. If your suspected of something. e.g. Having a drug stash, cops will search your house. If you haven't got anything illegal to hide you shouldn't have much issue with them doing the search. The same as if you look like a suspect being looked for, you don't run away when they do a stop and search. You just let them establish that you don't have a knife and are the wrong person, then get on with your day.
Pay per view or pay per click is a service being delivered it isn't revenue being generated. If I hired a boat to deliver something to another country and give them performance related pay based on how quickly they get it there, the revenue wasn't generated at the destination or the part of the ocean where they made up time. It was made where I hired the boat and crew. The same as a TV channel doesn't generate ad revenue from when people see the ads. It's generated from...
Google claimed either this year or last that they didn't sell Google Ads in the UK despite having a team of people that seemingly did that. Instead they claimed the sales team were entirely based in Ireland and therefore should by paying Irish taxes rather than whatever UK tax they were avoiding. British web services may well have sales teams abroad and I've got nothing against other countries charging the same tax's. At the moment the tax systems between countries don't...
VAT's different to corporation tax in that its gets paid even if nobody makes a profit. It's also really the buyer paying it rather than the seller. I agree it's a bit of an awkward demand. Amazon isn't in the UK but the person buying the product is in the UK and there buying it from a UK website so I think there's an argument that the sale happened in the UK. How you determine how much profit they actually made in the UK seems slightly impossible to me. Google however has...
Do developers set the price without tax? I thought developers chose a pricing tier which would be the final list price. Unless Apple change the list prices the dev would just get a smaller cut. The same thing's happened in MS's app store and there you set a list price so are just getting a smaller cut. Ultimately the devs just paying the tax that they have to pay and it's competition which says what they can charge for the app.   For dev's no. For Apple, cheap apps have...
Don't really get what the fuss is about. If Apple haven't done anything wrong then they should just hand over the documents. Sure some competitors might learn some stuff but Apple sells their products by making the best product. At lease that's the appearance they give anyway.   The fact there being investigated isn't a bad thing. Consumers need to be protected from things they can't influence. There's always a "buy a different product" argument, but if the other product...
My original comment was to someone saying they didn't understand how blocking other formats could be considered illegal when they never claimed the device could play them. Ultimately Apple have one the case so we can all agree they haven't done anything wrong. The aspect I was suggesting could be illegal though is if they broke competition rules. An iPod and a track from the iTunes music store are separate purchases. If they were seen to be using their dominant position in...
By that logic though should a car manufacturer be allowed to dictate that you could only buy gas from them? If Apple just plugged a vulnerability which happened to break compatibility with music from Real then it would probably be fine. If they tested it blocked it and that was the aim then its probably different. In terms of being locked in. With the argument you could burn a CD and then rip it, the opposing argument to that would be.1. You would need to know how to do...
I think it's a question of why they didn't allow these things. If Real off their own backs got their DRM'd tracks to be compatible with an iPod, does it harm users? The claim it works with an iPod comes from Real not Apple so it would be Real giving the refunds if compatibility broke. So when Apple actively blocked it from working were they protecting their users. Or were they abusing their market share position in digital music players to unfairly compete against other...
I am a Mac user but I only really use it for photos these days. A couple of months ago I transferred around 7gb of photos into one drive from my mac and that went ok. Took a while but the only reason issues I had was osx copying 7gb of files out of iphoto. The sync to one drive was fine.I'm quite a big one note user and use it between a windows desktop, laptop, surface, phone and an iPad. No real complaints with any of the apps and the sync works well.Other than the pc...