or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Wow Ded does realise the world doesn't revolve around Apple doesn't he. Intel didn't get the business for the iPad that's true. Everything after that point though is them competing for the other manufacturers. Intel aren't basically given Atom away because they need to make tablets cheaper than iPad, there giving it away so the other tablet makers stay with Intel until Intel can make a chip that's good enough to charge more.   If they lost manufacturers and in turn...
If people can figure out a way to drive a vehicle at speed, safely on public roads with no human involvement. Getting it to line up with a trailer doesn't seem to be out of the realms of possibility. Nor does mapping a distribution centre. Although I'm not even sure its actually required. The original project the tech these cars are based on didn't use any mapping data. They had to get from one point to another by scanning the surroundings to see what was there and figure...
OneDrive for business is a completely different product to OneDrive, its just confusingly named the same thing as part of Microsoft's "use our stuff for free at home, then want it at work" idea. Bit like outlook.com and actual outlook.It has quite a few extra features over OneDrive that make it more suitable to a business. The clients aren't interchangeable though and there currently isn't one for osx. Some of the others like the phone client are starting to support both...
why do you think there would be an issue getting into a distribution center or loading dock?
You don't need to replace every car, just the cards that address being sold. That assumes people actually but their own driverless car. As it can drive itself it can travel in its own between people too use it. Which makes it a good opportunity for the next step with uber to get rid of the drivers.Also what makes you think trucks won't be replaced? The tech for removing drivers in trucks is further along than cars. Creating trains of trucks where only the first truck has a...
I don't really like any of Googles products, don't even use the search engine. But I dont disagree with the quote of what he said. Tech companies should invest in a variety of stuff. What they make may not come to anything but there's a bigger picture of what it can lead to. I don't like android but there's elements that are now in ios. A company releasing there ideas to the world gives the opportunity for someone else to build in it. Internal projects are great for...
Don't get me wrong I think he's doing a fine job. But in the same way Tim Cooks been running apple did a bit of time now and the apple watch is really the first product that you can truly give him the credit for. A bit of time needs to pass before we see what Satya has initiated. Things like the band mention in there release that they started 5 years ago, and that's just how long some proudest cycles are.Also were shouldn't forget Microsoft's a big company. A lot of these...
There's no way they started this and delivered in under a year. It would have been started under Ballmer.In fact since Satya took over were haven't seen any change to the direction Ballmer started. The strategy has been renamed from devices and services to mobile first cloud first, but it ultimately is all the same thing. There still continuing with hardware, azure and being on every platform. The only real change is closing some of the xbox stuff and getting rid of a load...
They might just have not done that bit yet. The fashion seems to be release then patch at the moment.It also went on sale which brings into question if it really did leak or was just released in a really weird way.
Well Microsoft's version of Apple pay has been around for a year or two. You can apparently pay for stuff with this too although I'm not sure what system it's using. Got a source for all that? Cortana makes sense and you'd expect to be Windows only. Text messages are Android and Windows. Other than that everything else in on all platforms. I think Microsoft realized a long time ago that you have to be on all platforms otherwise people are going to drop you. e.g. People use...