or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

My original comment was to someone saying they didn't understand how blocking other formats could be considered illegal when they never claimed the device could play them. Ultimately Apple have one the case so we can all agree they haven't done anything wrong. The aspect I was suggesting could be illegal though is if they broke competition rules. An iPod and a track from the iTunes music store are separate purchases. If they were seen to be using their dominant position in...
By that logic though should a car manufacturer be allowed to dictate that you could only buy gas from them? If Apple just plugged a vulnerability which happened to break compatibility with music from Real then it would probably be fine. If they tested it blocked it and that was the aim then its probably different. In terms of being locked in. With the argument you could burn a CD and then rip it, the opposing argument to that would be.1. You would need to know how to do...
I think it's a question of why they didn't allow these things. If Real off their own backs got their DRM'd tracks to be compatible with an iPod, does it harm users? The claim it works with an iPod comes from Real not Apple so it would be Real giving the refunds if compatibility broke. So when Apple actively blocked it from working were they protecting their users. Or were they abusing their market share position in digital music players to unfairly compete against other...
I am a Mac user but I only really use it for photos these days. A couple of months ago I transferred around 7gb of photos into one drive from my mac and that went ok. Took a while but the only reason issues I had was osx copying 7gb of files out of iphoto. The sync to one drive was fine.I'm quite a big one note user and use it between a windows desktop, laptop, surface, phone and an iPad. No real complaints with any of the apps and the sync works well.Other than the pc...
On the basis that Dropbox prices for storage are the same as Office 365 and Office 365 gives you office and the storage. I think Ill stick with the Office 365 / One Drive combo.
Wow Ded does realise the world doesn't revolve around Apple doesn't he. Intel didn't get the business for the iPad that's true. Everything after that point though is them competing for the other manufacturers. Intel aren't basically given Atom away because they need to make tablets cheaper than iPad, there giving it away so the other tablet makers stay with Intel until Intel can make a chip that's good enough to charge more.   If they lost manufacturers and in turn...
If people can figure out a way to drive a vehicle at speed, safely on public roads with no human involvement. Getting it to line up with a trailer doesn't seem to be out of the realms of possibility. Nor does mapping a distribution centre. Although I'm not even sure its actually required. The original project the tech these cars are based on didn't use any mapping data. They had to get from one point to another by scanning the surroundings to see what was there and figure...
OneDrive for business is a completely different product to OneDrive, its just confusingly named the same thing as part of Microsoft's "use our stuff for free at home, then want it at work" idea. Bit like outlook.com and actual outlook.It has quite a few extra features over OneDrive that make it more suitable to a business. The clients aren't interchangeable though and there currently isn't one for osx. Some of the others like the phone client are starting to support both...
why do you think there would be an issue getting into a distribution center or loading dock?
You don't need to replace every car, just the cards that address being sold. That assumes people actually but their own driverless car. As it can drive itself it can travel in its own between people too use it. Which makes it a good opportunity for the next step with uber to get rid of the drivers.Also what makes you think trucks won't be replaced? The tech for removing drivers in trucks is further along than cars. Creating trains of trucks where only the first truck has a...