or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Well Microsoft's version of Apple pay has been around for a year or two. You can apparently pay for stuff with this too although I'm not sure what system it's using. Got a source for all that? Cortana makes sense and you'd expect to be Windows only. Text messages are Android and Windows. Other than that everything else in on all platforms. I think Microsoft realized a long time ago that you have to be on all platforms otherwise people are going to drop you. e.g. People use...
I still love the designs Apple comes out with (except for the ugly lines on the back of the iphone 6), but I do wish they wouldn't talk so much bs in interviews. Didn't want to do a big phone before they got it right. What exactly made this one right and previous attempts not right? Aside from a lot nicer materials, the new iphone isn't far off the first iphone. The ui's still the same. Comments about copying were also great a few years ago, but what has anyone really...
I'm not to clear if Apple pay is the existing nfc payment tech or if its actually something new and requires new terminals. Different articles indicate different things. So far despite being around for a few years now, nfc payments don't seem that popular. Most places in the UK support it, but you hear more incidents of cards being miss read when people didn't intend to use it than you see people actually using it. So if Apple made something new I can absolutely...
Your right, I thought as the article was talking about how the figures were revised the two charts were the before and after rather than this year and last year. So my figures were wrong. Either way though the point still remains there reporting estimates which are ultimately estimates. Later when more data is learned they update the figures. Mac sales were updated to be 4.577 million and Apple say they were 4.6 million. I don't know what decimal place apple reports there...
I sometimes do a lot of work on my phone, I wouldn't suggest they start including phones in the figures. Isn't that a good reason to keep them separate. If they were included would there ever have been reports to suggest the PC market had been in decline due to the success of tablets. It would just be that the PC market was booming due to people buying multiple form factors. Until you can walk into an average offers and see 10 - 20% of people working solely on a tablet...
Not entirely sure what the point of this is. According to those figures they also lowballed Lenovo and HP by an even bigger margin.   Apple was out by 200 thousand, Lenovo by 1571 thousand and 737 thousand. Compared to those 2 Apple being out by 200 thousand is actually quite close.   All it really shows is estimates and basically just that and estimate and if 2 companies are close they could switch position.   The stuff about iPads not being counted is also just...
I agree, they learnt there lesson with that when they tried to compare the Apple HiFi with top end audio companies using stats nobody cared about as the proof. The other manufacturers are probably right too. Even if Apple dominates the market, they will probably grow it enough that the others end up selling more with a lower market share than they would without Apple.
Or an Eiffel tower in the middle of Vegas. Apart from copy's in Vegas is there really much risk of someone copying an iconic building design.
I think we've known for just over a year that 2 of those are being merged into 1 os. So I doubt they've asked for anything like that, unless there telling him to stick to Balmers plan, which seems very unlikely.General consensus I've read is that the mini wasn't different enough to other windows devices and the Surface line is meant to fill in gaps, not be the same as the competition.The second reason is that Office as a Windows style app isn't out yet and they didn't want...
The dvd drive on both my macs failed so I think we can say that macs have a 100% failure rate on dvd drives. Good job the Apple TV doesn't have one and must be the real reason Apple started removing drives from their products.