or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

I hope so along with detecting frustration and anger in the way your asking it to do something. Adding an event called "work Christmas party" that wasn't on Christmas day seemed totally beyond her.
I wouldn't say its that distracting. It generally starts with a phone call with someone asking if your interested. If a company doesn't want their staff poached they should be focussing on making the staff always answer that their not interested because what they've already got is so good.It might be crude, but I wouldn't call it uncalled for. If your employer is under paying you compared to the market you should call them out on it. There either going to give you the pay...
Does Siri understand commands that are said as part of context? E.g. Asking for a list of restaurants and then asking which take reservations and it knowing that your still talking about the list of restaurants. I didn't think it did, article seems to suggest otherwise though.
 They used Cortana as an internal codename and were intending to call it something out. But after a user petition received more votes than any other on the win phone user voice site within 2 days of being raised they kept the name and got the same actress to do the voice.
The fact is it has to be free. Office is primarily and enterprise product and paying for it yearly isn't anything new with 365. Eventually most of the people downloading and using this app won't be buying a personal subscription to 365 through the app. They will be activating the one they have from work. It's just a weird way of thinking about it. When I think of fermium apps I think of the ones that have swapped an initial price for buying the app to an in app purchase so...
I love the way the apps keep getting described as freemium. The subscription is for Office, not just the app. Its more a case that your buying a product that runs on Windows, Mac, Win Phone, iPhone, Android Phone, a browser and now iPad. You'd be a bit pissed if you had to pay extra for the iPad part. Calling it freemium makes it sound like all the apps pretending to be free and then charging to do anything useful. In this case the only way to get in on an iPad is via the...
App stores, dev tooling, back-end services, advertising, their own apps e.g. Office, cloud services (One Drive), Xbox Music etc. Basically getting people on your OS opens the possibility of revenue from other sources. In the early days of Windows they were basically giving that away for free compared to work manufacturers would otherwise be paying and that worked out well.  Cortana also learns things you like  and alerts you about events e.g. Your favourite sports teams...
It does follow the same set of releases as they did for iPad though. Outlook was released for iPad a few months prior to the new Office apps and this will be the same on Android. MS will likely release everything that make for iOS on Android too. It seems the one thing they've realised before anyone else is that software needs to be on all platforms and there doing with everything from Office and One Note to Xbox Music. Even Xbox Live is rumoured to be going cross platform...
Simple answer would be they started on the iOS version first as it existed first, and had a bigger market share first. Not like they developed this thing in the last couple of months. Android version will be here soon enough, MS's strategy across everything from Office to Music is to support every platform. A lot of people now buy an iOS app because there's a version for Android and vice versa.    As the article mentions dev environment it would be interesting to know if...
What would actually make this really interesting would be to know what revenues MS actually get from retail versions of office. After all this isn't revenues from small business or enterprise which would make up the majority of office revenue. You can only buy the regular basic public version from the app. It would also be good to know how it compares to a retailer selling it or a Pc manufacturer bundling it with a machine. What percentage do they normally take? 30% could...