or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Thousands, really? What do they do? I don't disagree with the argument having a person from an industry then become involved in the regulation of that industry can lead to a conflict of interest. It absolutely can as they can either be lenient to the company they worked for, or dislike and then actively be against. But the industry also tends to be where all the most qualified people are. Other than people that started work at the patent agency, who else really has expert...
Not really. Unless the article is missing something it sounds like she no longer works at Google. Very few people stay loyal to their previous employer who is no longer paying them. In most cases the opposite happens as people poach the good people and ideas from their previous employer. In this instance Google also now has the disadvantage that the deputy director of the Patent office knows everything about their patent strategy. That's not exactly a particularly great...
Depends more on the developer than what you write in. Phonegap is already hugely popular for building apps in. If you've got an iPhone, chances are some of your apps will be written in phone gap. I think Apple abandoned there issues with 3rd part dev tools. Google iOS app creators and you will discover there are loads. There's even Xamarin that lets you write native apps in C# that compile to iOS, Mac, Windows, Windows Phone and Android. I doubt Google will insert anything...
The problem with AI articles is they quote other reports and miss out huge points of information and end up reporting something completely different. The article they've references is about merging Desktop, Phone and Xbox OS in terms of API's. So if a developer writes an app for the phone, all the same API's will be available on the Desktop or Xbox. At no point does it say all 3 will have the same UI, in fact it says the complete opposite. Each device will continue to have...
Why wouldn't you? Every parent I know with an iPad gives it to there children even if there only 1. Its an ideal device for them for things like drawing and learning numbers / letters. Children learn numbers and letters when there 2 and there's plenty of apps focused on doing that. Admittedly most of them arnt very good and you really need to check them first as some will set your child back rather than help them. There's also a lot of games like Peppa Pig that are great...
Erm what about the Mac vs PC ad's? Apple kinda started all of this. 5 years is pushing the boundaries of being patient, at this point it's more like Apple care more about making huge sums of money rather than giving millions of parents using there product a simple but really useful feature. Touch ID while sounding cool, would also be useless for this scenario. A 1 year old doesn't have proper finger prints. If it brings user profiles with it then great, but to me it's less...
First point doesn't really have anything exclusive to the Surface other than the app coming preloaded and free. I can see the iPads camera position being on the wrong side affecting it slightly but hardly a significant amount.   The second feature hit's on a big complaint I have with Apple. iOS devices have been out for over 5 years now, when are they going to add something like Windows Phones kids corner! Everyone knows kids love playing with these things, there plenty...
Everyone should learn keyboard shortcuts. I actually find it frustrating when I work with someone who has the keyboard/mouse and isnt using them. It just takes forever to do anything. But alas you cant move a cursor to a point on another window quickly with a keyboard.Distance of hands to screen also isnt that great. We are after all talking about a device where the keyboard is connected to the bottom of the screen. The comparison also isnt just distance of your hand to...
What make you think that? I find the Keyboard fairly useless for anything in the Modern UI part of Win 8 which is all the RT version really is. If I'm in a Modern UI app, I flip the keyboard round the back. Unless you want to do any typing, Modern UI apps are so focused on touch there's not much point using anything else. On a desktop it's still easy enough to use with a mouse, it just isn't as great experience as on a tablet.
Apple to not have OS X and iOS. If it truly is the same category then they shouldn't need 2 OS's. Having 2 OS's indicates that they think they need to be different, and if there different in some way then they can't be in the same category, because there different. They'd also need sites like Argos (large UK retailer http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/33006169/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CTechnology%7C33006169.htm) to list tablets in the same category as PCs and Laptop....