or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Having had a Surface Pro 2 for a few weeks now and developing on in fairly regularly in it's laptop mode, I'd argue touch on laptops is essential. It in no way replaces the mouse, but certain things like scrolling, gestures to switch apps, dragging stuff are far better as a quick tap or flick on the screen rather than moving a mouse and clicking. It basically comes down to what is quickest and certain things are quicker with touch than a mouse.   As a tablet I've been...
That's actually quite a funny ad so well done to Nokia for that.   I'd really like to see how well one of these does work outside. When they launched it they said the screen worked outside which to me would be amazing. I don't understand why phone screens are perfectly fine to view in sunlight yet, take an iPad outside and you can hardly see anything on the screen.
I agree with article that if you want to do work on your iPhone then Apples apps are the best. As the article is about productivity though, I'd question if any of them are productive, or if it's actually possible to make a productive app on an iPhone. End of the day it's still a phone and there's a limit to what you can do on a screen so small.   If we're talking about editing documents then isn't the most productive one going to be the one that can access your companies...
Yay another article trying to push an alternative highly biased opinion on sales figures against other biased opinions. In a few more days we can have another article describing how none of the figures are accurate anyway.
Cars replaced horses so should horses still be included in car market share figures? DVD players replaced VCR's should they have been considered the same product? So what about smartphones? Phones have been replacing pc's for online shopping in a far bigger way than iPads have affected business or education. Most people building sites now talk about mobile first strategies. So smartphones should be included right? Under your logic about replacing the pc, a smartphone does,...
For the purpose of comparing market share of device like the articles about. Screen with separate keyboard and pointing device (mouse, trackpad etc). It's fair enough to say the tablet market is taking sales from the PC market. But putting tablets into the same market is just silly. If you did that why not put games consoles in too? Lots of PC's are sold for gaming, consoles have similar hardware, they have internet browsers, they have apps for tv, can play music etc. Xbox...
 that's because its not a pc, why report on it as if its a pc when its not. very simple reason. Err because there tablets that have been made and sold! Price is irrelevant, if it looks like a tablet, works like a tablet then why wouldn't you include it.
Market value is ultimately worthless to an investor, it's the change in value that's important. If they were worth 475B when you bought stock and there still worth that, you've made nothing. Outside the US the phones doing relatively well and despite Windows history of bloat they've actually managed to make the thing run the best on cheap hardware. Plus there's all the boring stuff like Azure, Dynamics, Link, SharePoint, Exchange, dev tools, Windows and Office still...
Only thing I really know about that guy is he sold Jaguar Land Rover from Ford who just broke the £1bn profit barrier and Aston Martin who are making around £1.7bn in profit. While Ford still make a loss in Europe and globally make around £5bn. Was it really that greater idea to sell them.
Its a semi interesting report but also fairly predictable. Apple and Samsung are the market leaders so they are maximising profits. Everyone else needs to grow so they are purposefully spending all there profits plus any extra they can afford to gain market share. What would be more interesting would be to see the share of revenue each company has and how that's changing.