or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Im in the buy it camp, but if i just want to listen to an album at work I'm generally streaming it now. Its hard to justify paying £8 for an album when you can listen to it for free. I still happily buy music to put on my phone for the car. But at home and work it doesn't make sense when its the exact same experience and I don't hit the 10 hour limit where you start paying.
 Law's are slightly vague like this to make it harder to get around. The general gist of what you've quotes is just saying you can't con people into paying to much for something that isn't worth it. In terms of no obvious rules though, what about...  If I bought a phone with a 2 year contract I would expect "safe, lasting, with no faults" to mean it would last the 2 years. Not if it broke in the second year I would have to pay to have it repaired. If I bought a Mac for...
Not sure what you mean, I was agreeing with you. If you have shares in a company that could be affected by a job that your doing and your in this kind of position. Then there would be a conflict of interest. All I added was that having stocks in any company that could be affected by a patent would create a conflict of interest. If she bought a load of stocks in medical company that relies on patents that would also be a conflict.
That's great, but my question was what job would they have been doing? I'm certain that are lots of people with legal and tech backgrounds, but to avoid a conflict you need one that hasn't worked for a tech firm or legal firm. But has also gained enough experience to be in a very senior role. Other that working at the patent office all you life, I just don't get what job you could have been doing to gain that much knowledge / proven talent without creating a situation...
 A big part of the original idea was to stop the threat of Sony being able to take the market and create a product that meant people might not need a PC. So in that regards if the PlayStation had achieved what the iPad now has then it was a relatively small price to pay. I'm sure if they could be offered to pay that amount to remove the iPad from existence they would. It has also been making a profit for the last few years. Doubt they've paid back the losses yet...
Thousands, really? What do they do? I don't disagree with the argument having a person from an industry then become involved in the regulation of that industry can lead to a conflict of interest. It absolutely can as they can either be lenient to the company they worked for, or dislike and then actively be against. But the industry also tends to be where all the most qualified people are. Other than people that started work at the patent agency, who else really has expert...
Not really. Unless the article is missing something it sounds like she no longer works at Google. Very few people stay loyal to their previous employer who is no longer paying them. In most cases the opposite happens as people poach the good people and ideas from their previous employer. In this instance Google also now has the disadvantage that the deputy director of the Patent office knows everything about their patent strategy. That's not exactly a particularly great...
Depends more on the developer than what you write in. Phonegap is already hugely popular for building apps in. If you've got an iPhone, chances are some of your apps will be written in phone gap. I think Apple abandoned there issues with 3rd part dev tools. Google iOS app creators and you will discover there are loads. There's even Xamarin that lets you write native apps in C# that compile to iOS, Mac, Windows, Windows Phone and Android. I doubt Google will insert anything...
The problem with AI articles is they quote other reports and miss out huge points of information and end up reporting something completely different. The article they've references is about merging Desktop, Phone and Xbox OS in terms of API's. So if a developer writes an app for the phone, all the same API's will be available on the Desktop or Xbox. At no point does it say all 3 will have the same UI, in fact it says the complete opposite. Each device will continue to have...
Why wouldn't you? Every parent I know with an iPad gives it to there children even if there only 1. Its an ideal device for them for things like drawing and learning numbers / letters. Children learn numbers and letters when there 2 and there's plenty of apps focused on doing that. Admittedly most of them arnt very good and you really need to check them first as some will set your child back rather than help them. There's also a lot of games like Peppa Pig that are great...