or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Err, how can they loose any sales. You buy the phone before you buy the app. If you have an iPhone you can only shop in the iTunes App Store, and if you have an android phone you can't. Aside from the App Store argument, having a flick through the Amazon Appstore is actually a nice way to find apps and kind of highlights a lot of things Apple could have done with iTunes to make it better.
One problem is apps on phone are called apps, there isn't another name for them. Irruspective of what platform your using people still call them apps, and it's not like the term apps started with the iPhone's apps. Web Apps were availiable long before the app store existed. So now it becomes like trademarking the term "Shoe Store", but that's not to say you can't. In the UK there's a shop called "Eat" and another called "Game". Crucially though and im not sure why it...
I don't get why AI constantly puts bits like this at the end of their articles. It's like they feel the need to over defend Apple. The rest of the article was informative but then it's just brought down by this ending that makes the article have a biased slant on it. As someone who had an iPhone and now has another smartphone, I can safly say the "overall stability and usability of the platform, power management and battery life, hardware quality, and easy access to iTunes...
Sounds nice. Now how about a dividend payment, or is Apple trying to be the first company to loose $40 billion when the bank its sitting in goes bankrupt.
People die every day in a vast number of different scenarios. Yes its a tragic event but life still goes on and people still have their jobs to do. What do you expect people to do? Stop doing their jobs and just feel sorry for those affected?
Are Apple stored different in the US as in the UK there basically no different to any other store. Granted the staff are nice and the genius bar is good for getting your new iPod when it inevitably breaks. But it would just be nicer if there products didn't break so much.
It's sad as I've wanted one for a while, but they never came to the UK. But they were never going to beat Apple, it didn't matter how much better than the iPod they made it, people would still buy iPods. People know they want an iPod even before they know what they look like or anything other than the fact it plays music and that's hard to compete with. Another underlying reason though could be more to do with Windows Phone 7. Any new version would need to be updated to...
I agree changing the name and launching a new product would be awful. People only associate Zune with being bad because it didn't do very well against the iPod, but then the hardware was never released outside the us and Canada, so all the rest of the world knows about it is what they see with wp7 and Xbox. To be fair on these it is really good and offers something completely different to iTunes and Apple tv. All they should really be focusing on is getting the service...
Self storage to me sounds like storing on the users machine. If apple stored it then that would be completely different and a service potentially worth paying for. As for turning computers off, I'm sure a lot of people leave them on all the time. But I'm sure there are others like me. I have an iMac and a Mac Book. The iMac only gets used once a fortnight as the Mac Books easier so I don't see the point leaving it on, however it has the big hard drive and therefore has all...
If its not free then who cares, it would just remain an overpriced service you don't really need. As for self storage, that's an awful idea. People turn there machines off otherwise its just a waste of electricity and money. Particularly if you have a laptop there's no real feasible way to have it on when your not around.