or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

It's sad as I've wanted one for a while, but they never came to the UK. But they were never going to beat Apple, it didn't matter how much better than the iPod they made it, people would still buy iPods. People know they want an iPod even before they know what they look like or anything other than the fact it plays music and that's hard to compete with. Another underlying reason though could be more to do with Windows Phone 7. Any new version would need to be updated to...
I agree changing the name and launching a new product would be awful. People only associate Zune with being bad because it didn't do very well against the iPod, but then the hardware was never released outside the us and Canada, so all the rest of the world knows about it is what they see with wp7 and Xbox. To be fair on these it is really good and offers something completely different to iTunes and Apple tv. All they should really be focusing on is getting the service...
Self storage to me sounds like storing on the users machine. If apple stored it then that would be completely different and a service potentially worth paying for. As for turning computers off, I'm sure a lot of people leave them on all the time. But I'm sure there are others like me. I have an iMac and a Mac Book. The iMac only gets used once a fortnight as the Mac Books easier so I don't see the point leaving it on, however it has the big hard drive and therefore has all...
If its not free then who cares, it would just remain an overpriced service you don't really need. As for self storage, that's an awful idea. People turn there machines off otherwise its just a waste of electricity and money. Particularly if you have a laptop there's no real feasible way to have it on when your not around.
People who downloaded pirate music and then had there internet cut off. Or people from rural areas that maybe have internet bit at a very slow speed. Like someone else said though, arnt Macs mean to be easy!
Anyone in the software industry cares and ultimately consumers will eventually care. The post you replied to also failed to take into account that the developer will also loose 40% of what they receive from Apple in tax and also assumes every app developer is also building the apps from their bedroom in order to have no additional overheads. But back to the point of who cares. Apple have made it very easy for anyone to sell apps, however now we have people that are just...
Now we just need wireless syncing, only been waiting around 6 years for it.
Zune already does this with music and films so I can't see there being that much of an issue.
A long time. At the end of the day you still need a pc because the ipads storage is so small. Its great for films but if you want to keep a digital film collection you need 1tb not 64gb! And that would just make it to thick. As the report says though, they still predict 10% growth which is more than inflation. Apple so far hasn't done anything to hurt pcs they've just added additional revenue streams and increased the amount people will pay for these devices.
Like others have said, windows although an existing word isn't being used for the same meaning. Whereas app and store are so therefore its no different to someone trying to trademark the name tv store or shoe store, which sounds ridiculous. However in the UK our largest retailer of games is called "game" which too is very generic. So I would say its ok if you can show its recognised as only being yours which in this instance I don't think they can.