or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

50 maybe.Really? I'd put it around 10 million, sales had dropped heavily last year and I've yet to see anyone with one of the new versions (apart from the iPod Touch). I also hardly ever see anyone with an old one either, looks like the iPhone's killing off the iPod.
One big difference though is that Flash is a registered industry standard that is royalty free while H.264 is not. Adobe make money off the tools not the format.What Internet Explorer! If Chrome doesn't have it and nor does Firefox, that just leaves IE as lets face it, nobody uses Safari on the Mac and nobody is ever going to. Apple made sure of that when they made repeated awful releases that's just put off anyone that tried it to ever try it in the future. Personally I...
Why are people so obsessed with MS making a tablet os as if the future of the company depends on it. There aim is to get windows into everything literally everything! Even if it doesn't have a screen there's a version for it. Think cars, tvs, petrol pumps, ticket machines, screens at bus stops telling you when the next bus will come. Did you know there's even a version of the .net framework that's small enough to fit in a digitol watch! A tablet is just one product, its an...
On one hand it's madness on the other its also madness to try and compete with the iPad right now. Version 2 is about to come out and if version 2 of the iPhone is anything to go by it's going to sell a lot. Irrespective of what they come out with the iPad would beat it because it's Apple. Bit like the Zune trying to compete with an iPod. Waiting a few years like they did with WP7 might give them longer term success rather than releasing something that immediately fails.I...
Or could just have a Kinnect sensor and not buttons. Microsoft could do really well at this provided they don't screw it up. The real question is which product it will evolve from? Will it be a Zune product of Windows Media Center or some horrible combination. Currently the Xbox is an equivalent to the Apple TV but isn't the greatest implementation. It has on-demand tv which is fine, but as a separate program on it you also have Zune which provides on-demand films and...
About 0. Similar to the number of independent devs that got a phone. The numbers arnt really comparable as on one hand Apple developed the current app store market so they had a harder start, but on the other they were offering an entire year of iPhone sales as the customer base for apps which MS doesn't have. Also any ideas that an iPhone app could be easy ported to WP7 are just insane. Just compare IMDB on the iPhone to WP7, the phones have completely different styles...
My advice as your in the UK would be wait till you view (http://www.youview.com/) comes out next year. It's backed by BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Five, BT and a couple of others. So its basically going to have all the content you want for free (or with ads), the number of box's around will be the same as Freeview and Freesat box's and will be around the same price if not less.
Hasn't roku also sold 1million of its media streamers and given the average person has never heard of roku that makes apples achievement not particularly special. Also didn't Microsoft sell something like a million kinnects in a month? No idea if that translates to a million xboxs but it also does all the stuff atv does as well.
Not hugely surprising, the bombardment of iPad ads I see every week look like they've dropped all mention of books, indicating maybe people arnt hugely interested in it as a e-reader. While at the same time I know people that don't even read books talking about getting a kindle.
Except for the fact that Microsoft hasn't scaled back any plans for Silverlight, its still due to have its 5th release in 4 years and is still the framework they plan to use on many different platforms. What Dan has really done is show a complete misunderstanding of anything outside of Apple. The goal of Silverlight in browsers has always been to provide cross browser functionality where browsers natively miss the functionality. As browsers get better the recomendation has...