or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

People mention iTunes as a lock in but I disagree. I loved iTunes for years but they ruined it when they removed all the colour from the interface. But more importantly... 1. Your music is in mp3 format, its easy to move to something else. 2. Your apps didn't cost that much. It doesn't matter if you can't use them on your new phone. The iPhone cost you £500 and the apps were most likely between 79p - £5. Just buy them all again on the new platform. A lot of people don't...
Even if Google and Microsoft fight each other to the extent that margins on the phones are non existant, they will still be making money. If you control the os then you control where people buy apps and music. In the Enterprise market WP7 also has good integration with SharePoint, so that's another MS sale. SharePoint needs SharePoint developers which need MS development tools and MS servers and an MS os. If your os is MS then your also going to use office. Now all this...
If your definition of responding to requests from developers means do what they announced they would do back in September and never really change from that then you are correct. Payments will still be going out in the last week of Jan, which is basically the start of Feb, which is when they said the first payments would be when they starting accepting apps. I agree that it's going to be a long time before WP7 is more popular than iPhone (if ever), but did they ever say the...
An iPhone costs around £100 more than the other phones if not more. When you've paid that premium you arn't going to admit something else could be better. Plus im guessing the writers probably invested in AAPL and want to see there share price increase. We've had enough articles on how the share price is going to increase to indicate there promoting Apple rather than reviewing them.
Practicality and fitness both come into this, up until the point that all the products are perfectly good. After that it's about style and taste. People buy new clothes not because there old ones have worn out, but because there's new ones that they like. We're at the same point with phones, it doesn't matter if you have an Android, WP7 or iPhone device. They all do basically the same thing, there all easy to use and they all have generally the same apps available. The...
Wasn't he talking about profit? As Google don't charge for android, doesn't this mean Microsoft has actually generated more revenue based on the fact they've sold 1. I've had a wp7 phone since it came out and wouldn't say it is lacking. Aside from copy and paste its hard to think of anything it actually missing. What's more the other day I used my old iPhone and felt in comparison it was like a cheap toy. The smaller screen with everything crammed in made me wonder how...
That's still nothing more than regular business though, nothing about it makes them desperate. Calling for some of Apples patents to be invalidated is a regular thing to do, particularly when you read the list of them some of them are questionable as to if they are actually valid or not. Plus basically everyone in the phone business is suing everyone else (except for Microsoft, oddly nobody appear to be suing them). And I still don't get how creating a tablet is desperate?...
How's that desperate? That's just a reaction to the current market, if tablets are becoming popular then make tablets. Apple made a phone when there business was computers and mp3 players, does that make them desperate?There's several awarded to all the companies taking each other to court. I think it would be a bit silly to suggest that there is one clear winner. I think we're just going to have a few years of this until everyone works out who actually owns what. Then...
Anyone else from the UK confused as you can already get Sky Tv on an Xbox! Not exactly a year away, more like its been around for over a year. Plus isn't the big news for Xbox that it looks like its getting apps. Something rumored for Apple tv that never seems to turn up. Unless you want to play games, so not quite everyone.
The payments and sales data sent anything surprising though. Its been on MS's site for months that the first payments will be in feburary, along with details on how you get stats on sales data. This articles basically quoted 2 people who didn't bother to read the process details when they signed up. As for the reports of slow sales, they also sit next to reports of a lack of devices making them meaningless.