or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Not sure I agree with that entirely. There's a limited number of apps that make a lot of money and when there cheap you really have to sell a lot of apps. On a 79p app, once you take off apples share and the tax your only left with around 35p, to cover just the cost of 1 developer for a week means selling 6000 copys and its going to take a lot more than that to produce. Handheld gaming devices are a bit dead but there's still a definate place for expensive games.
Sony can probably build a better portable device for gaming as button are far better than a touch screen for a lot of games. But Apple and other smartphones are always going to win because its on your phone. A lot of people don't by an iPhone because it plays games but buy games for it because they have the phone and it plays games.
where on earth did you get those dates from. Wp7 was shown in January 2010, However people new about it a year before that. I don't think they copied anything from anyone on this one.
well that really depends on how many ports your telly has and how many you've already used. Its also because people have to justify the price, at £99 its not exactly cheap compared to what else is out there.
I agree in a few years I think you will see an actual Apple tv. Its not a huge profit area like there other products but there going to be forced by the market to do it. Googles already launched there tv software, and Microsoft and Adobe and both know to be building versions of Silverlight and flash for tvs. Apple have to get involved otherwise iTunes for tv is effectively dead. Plus they have to expand somehow and what other electronic consumer products are left.
Personally I think they've missed the boat with this one, which is a shame because I've been wanting it even before it existed but they never made it quite good enough. If they had riveled the Wii it could have become the family console but now any direction towards games would be a disaster. It would be the underpowered console with rubbish games, and if there was any sign game prices would go down to the level of iPhone games publishers would abandon it effectively...
The anti MS spin is to be expected and generally amusing, but seriously actually get the facts right. Microsoft has a $500 million marketing budget for the entire company, not a $500 million budget for promoting WP7. Every article of MS irrespective of if it's about Bing, Kinnect, Office or Windows 7 seems to quote this figure. All it shows is they have a lot of products and therefore spend a lot of money on advertising. Plus it's not like they have actually reached the...
If they really have a patent on the swipe gesture then that's pritty huge. Could you imagine a smart phone that you couldn't swipe on! Of course these things tend to be a bit more complex than that so its unlikely. Would be an amazing patent to have though.
Not that weird, after all your biggest enemy is also your best friend. While they all rival each other they may also prefer to join forces to share something rather than let a new rival form.
My thoughts are its not so much that there making the wrong decision using windows 7 for tablets, more like its there only choice. The windows phone 7 os would be a good platform but its still in its early days. Limited apps availiable and still things like copy and paste to add. Maybe in a year when its matured it would be good, but for now they should concentrate on making it good for a phone. Also people please stop quoting the $500 million they spend on advertising,...