or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Personally I think they've missed the boat with this one, which is a shame because I've been wanting it even before it existed but they never made it quite good enough. If they had riveled the Wii it could have become the family console but now any direction towards games would be a disaster. It would be the underpowered console with rubbish games, and if there was any sign game prices would go down to the level of iPhone games publishers would abandon it effectively...
The anti MS spin is to be expected and generally amusing, but seriously actually get the facts right. Microsoft has a $500 million marketing budget for the entire company, not a $500 million budget for promoting WP7. Every article of MS irrespective of if it's about Bing, Kinnect, Office or Windows 7 seems to quote this figure. All it shows is they have a lot of products and therefore spend a lot of money on advertising. Plus it's not like they have actually reached the...
If they really have a patent on the swipe gesture then that's pritty huge. Could you imagine a smart phone that you couldn't swipe on! Of course these things tend to be a bit more complex than that so its unlikely. Would be an amazing patent to have though.
Not that weird, after all your biggest enemy is also your best friend. While they all rival each other they may also prefer to join forces to share something rather than let a new rival form.
My thoughts are its not so much that there making the wrong decision using windows 7 for tablets, more like its there only choice. The windows phone 7 os would be a good platform but its still in its early days. Limited apps availiable and still things like copy and paste to add. Maybe in a year when its matured it would be good, but for now they should concentrate on making it good for a phone. Also people please stop quoting the $500 million they spend on advertising,...
I'm a huge supporter of the windows phone, but even I can't agree with that. Apples going to be leading the way for many years to come. However when thinking long term I would think less about the success of the iPhone and more about the failure of Apple tv. Apple making a phone was easy, everyone was predicting for years that they could make an amazing phone. The question though is where do they go from here? TVs are the next obvious move but its not exactly high...
I don't think it's to simplistic. Fair enough they are going to miss things but they should actually be making an effort. At the moment is seems like they don't bother doing anything and wait to be notified. If your the second highest valued company in the world you should be doing a bit more than waiting to be notified. It may be that if they tried to check everything for copywrite then it would cost far to much to actually make a profit. But that isn't an excuse for...
I think he was probably talking about the fact they have a limited number of writes to each bit before they die without any warning. Making them not particularly good for a server. Although you can still read from them so it's not a complete disaster, but if you've got an ultra critical server then technology thats been tried and tested for a lot longer is a better idea.
Why would they need to actually build an iTunes-like desktop sync app? It already syncs wirelessly! Admittedly I've never used an android device, but assuming the wireless sync is like what WP7 has then copying Apple would just be a step backwards. After all why should you actually need a computer to make your phone work? It doesn't make sense.
If you entered your password in the last 15 minuets doesn't it skip this? I've also seen examples where the app doesn't make it clear your spending real money, giving the currency its own name a bit like monopoly money. Apples put good ideas in place to protect customers. Bur it needs to be better, an option to turn off in app purchases is only good if you know about it. How about having it off by default.