or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

I'm a huge supporter of the windows phone, but even I can't agree with that. Apples going to be leading the way for many years to come. However when thinking long term I would think less about the success of the iPhone and more about the failure of Apple tv. Apple making a phone was easy, everyone was predicting for years that they could make an amazing phone. The question though is where do they go from here? TVs are the next obvious move but its not exactly high...
I don't think it's to simplistic. Fair enough they are going to miss things but they should actually be making an effort. At the moment is seems like they don't bother doing anything and wait to be notified. If your the second highest valued company in the world you should be doing a bit more than waiting to be notified. It may be that if they tried to check everything for copywrite then it would cost far to much to actually make a profit. But that isn't an excuse for...
I think he was probably talking about the fact they have a limited number of writes to each bit before they die without any warning. Making them not particularly good for a server. Although you can still read from them so it's not a complete disaster, but if you've got an ultra critical server then technology thats been tried and tested for a lot longer is a better idea.
Why would they need to actually build an iTunes-like desktop sync app? It already syncs wirelessly! Admittedly I've never used an android device, but assuming the wireless sync is like what WP7 has then copying Apple would just be a step backwards. After all why should you actually need a computer to make your phone work? It doesn't make sense.
If you entered your password in the last 15 minuets doesn't it skip this? I've also seen examples where the app doesn't make it clear your spending real money, giving the currency its own name a bit like monopoly money. Apples put good ideas in place to protect customers. Bur it needs to be better, an option to turn off in app purchases is only good if you know about it. How about having it off by default.
People mention iTunes as a lock in but I disagree. I loved iTunes for years but they ruined it when they removed all the colour from the interface. But more importantly... 1. Your music is in mp3 format, its easy to move to something else. 2. Your apps didn't cost that much. It doesn't matter if you can't use them on your new phone. The iPhone cost you £500 and the apps were most likely between 79p - £5. Just buy them all again on the new platform. A lot of people don't...
Even if Google and Microsoft fight each other to the extent that margins on the phones are non existant, they will still be making money. If you control the os then you control where people buy apps and music. In the Enterprise market WP7 also has good integration with SharePoint, so that's another MS sale. SharePoint needs SharePoint developers which need MS development tools and MS servers and an MS os. If your os is MS then your also going to use office. Now all this...
If your definition of responding to requests from developers means do what they announced they would do back in September and never really change from that then you are correct. Payments will still be going out in the last week of Jan, which is basically the start of Feb, which is when they said the first payments would be when they starting accepting apps. I agree that it's going to be a long time before WP7 is more popular than iPhone (if ever), but did they ever say the...
An iPhone costs around £100 more than the other phones if not more. When you've paid that premium you arn't going to admit something else could be better. Plus im guessing the writers probably invested in AAPL and want to see there share price increase. We've had enough articles on how the share price is going to increase to indicate there promoting Apple rather than reviewing them.
Practicality and fitness both come into this, up until the point that all the products are perfectly good. After that it's about style and taste. People buy new clothes not because there old ones have worn out, but because there's new ones that they like. We're at the same point with phones, it doesn't matter if you have an Android, WP7 or iPhone device. They all do basically the same thing, there all easy to use and they all have generally the same apps available. The...