or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

This to me seems really bizzar. Touch in OS X I think is a good idea, the same as I thought it was a good idea when Windows did it. But it's the Mac Book that would really benefit not an iMac. When you use a laptop your fingers are literally inches away from the screen yet you use this little trackpad to move a cursor on a screen to click something, when it would be just as easy to touch it on the screen.
The list of content that won't be available looks like it's really going to kill this product. Even if it didn't though I still think the new Apple TV is to little to late. Particularly in the UK we already have a lot of on demand services. The big channels do it through the internet, BBC do it through almost everything (internet, set top box, Nintendo Wii, iPhone, cable box's) and next year there are meant to be set top box's offering on demand tv from all the big...
I didn't say apple hasn't performed well over the last few years in comparison to the stock Market there in. Just that investing in something like apple is never going to give you 400% retunes that could be found in the ultra high risk markets and private companies. Investing in any company in the Market apples in is relatively safe due to what you actually have to be to get there. Apple is a safe bet because it's highly unlikely you going to loose all your money, at worst...
Wasn't that also at the same time as a world recession?I would expect the effect of jobs leaving to just make the price stay flat rather than drop. Then start altering again after a year based on how well they performed. On the other hand though I understand that apple dont pay dividends which means all the current shareholders haven't actually made any money yet and are just waiting for the right time to sell. If jobs left that could be enough of a reason for many to...
Gaining 50% in 2 years isn't what makes you ultra rich. That's more the good end of the safe bets. Investing in higher risk companies that a growing by over 100% in size each year is how you really accumulate wealth. Admittedly you have to do it with much smaller companies so it requires a lot more effort, but that's why the rich invest in investment companies.
Or it just says Steve shouldn't have sold half his Apple stock in 2006. In reality it says nothing about Microsoft and Apple. Most of Steve's money is in Disney and most of Bill's is in Cascade. Microsoft only accounts for $17b on Bills $54b and Apple only accounts for $1.5b of Steve's $6.1b. Neither of which are particularly unexpected. Microsoft and Apple arn't companies to invest in if you want to make a major return, there more like a place to put your money to protect...
I would question any success of the iPhone relating to iTunes. For the iPod it was a big thing, but now it's this pointless app thats a pain to use. Apps can be downloaded direct to your phone and so can music. The only time I ever sync is when I want to get music I bought on the phone onto my iPod or to get a software update, both of which I rather not have to connect to iTunes to do. The fact iPhone users don't upgrade would probably be just down to users never syncing...
The iPhone hasn't changed it's been tweeked. It still basically looks the same and has the same interface.iPods are a good example of change, and by apples own admittance people haven't liked all of them. The razr was also changed a lot but ultimately at some point another phone design comes along that everyone loves and buys, smart phones won't last forever. They will last a long time but at some point things will change.
Prices of hardware come down all the time and you have to take into account who is actually making the hardware. When apple sells an iPhone there hardware costs are another companies profits. Give those companies the bit there missing i.e. The os for free and they can sell a very cheap device.It may be that android is never as good as ios, but I don't think it needs to be. I have around 30 apps on my iPhone out of all of them I would say there are only 4 that couldn't be...
He hasn't, microsofts profit is over double what apple make. They have very similar revenues and it was apples revenue that was expected to pass Microsoft. But just looking at the revenue and profit figures apple would need to double what they sell just to equal Microsofts profit.