or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Are you seriously suggesting that I alone am the only person that will receive attachments in emails such as Word docs, and Spreadsheets actually edit them and send them back to someone else? Or I am the only person that after writing a document actually does something with it like email it? I never realized that opening an attachment doing something other than look at a preview of it was so specialized. And seriously what is so hard about a file system? I agree Windows...
I don't really see that happening. Out of all the different players Microsoft seem the only ones trying do still do something different. Rather than a basic OS for tablets there sticking with Windows, and rather than copy the iPhone there making it different with WP7. Which IMO is the right thing to do, every other phone irrespective of if it is better or worse than the iPhone currently looks worse than the iPhone as it's trying to replicate the iPhone, and if you...
Except the document isn't there right in front of you because it's in a different app. Seriously how is it convenient, this is my exact problem with the iPhone. I write a word doc in Quick Office, then what? It's stuck on my phone, I can't email it to the person its for as Mail can't access the document. Or any other task where you need to use different apps for different things with the same files. The only real area that works well so far is the fact you can access...
Totally agree with you. Sure a tablet can do some productive tasks but seriously out of the people that have argued against this how many of you really think you could use a tablet for 8 hours a day instead of a computer. Even if they had the exact same software your going to get health issues from your seating position.
At the end of the day all investment is a risk and a guess at what will happen. Analyzing with these methods help to protect your money but it's not what leads you to the massive returns. Back in 2004 I wanted to invest but didn't have the money to do so. I was fairly certain that Apple was going to get bigger and become worth a lot more. But that was based on looking at what the company was doing and where you could envisage them going. The iPod was new and you could...
Unless it turns into a set top box with actual tv I can't see this working. I already have a set top box that streams BBC iplayer content for free. Why would I want to pay to see stuff from iTunes. The only reason I've ever thought of wanting an apple tv is the choice of renting films, but at it's current price it just works out cheaper to buy the films on DVD.
I generally agree a lot of the patents seem stupid and not actually real inventions. However IT patents can be very specific and very technical so it could be something unique. Also nobody really has an actual knowledge over the history of the patent. Fine it might now be owned by a company that doesn't do anything but sue, but before that it could have been the result of a high amount of investment. The company may have failed but a patent is still worth something and can...
True but an Apple TV lets you watch films on demand downloaded form the internet. ITV also distribute programs over the internet. ITV in the past produced set top box's for it's now failed ITV Digital network which is also very similar. Also what happens when you try to search for a show based on Network/Studio, you'd see the name of the device you were using in the list. The solution is simple though, ITV should just release there own version of Apple TV as iTV. Best to...
That doesn't really help people suffering from diseases that these donations will go towards helping. Or any of the other charities that work to help people in unavoidable circumstances. Not much point knowing how to be good in business when your house was hit by a flood and you have no food.
But does Apple have the right to force you not to use Flash and only proprietary software from them.