or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Err since when were things ok because you could replace the bit that breaks. That's like saying it would be fine buying a car where the wheels keep breaking because you can just replace them. I tend to think when I spend a few hundred pounds on something that it's going to last a few years.
My favorite part of this article has to be where the acid test is called impartial and written by a Google employee! The fact is the Microsoft tests are valid html5 tests which IE9 passes better than the others. At the same time the valid test written by a Google employee gets a higher pass by Chrome than IE. Doesn't take a genius to work out a companies developers will pass there own tests before others! So none of the browsers are perfect, so what? HTML5 is not...
That's just something all companies ask for in these cases. Nokia also asked for a ban on iPhones being imported. All things considered bit of a blow to Apple, but better for consumers. Apple may have a right to a lot of the technology in the iPhone, but imagine if the keyboard and mouse had a patent that was enforced, or the same with how you drive a car. Whete would the world be if these things had to be different with every manufacturer.
This article and most of it's comments seem to take an opinion on what Silverlight used to be. Talk on video's and replacing flash is only really applicable to Silverlight 1. The fact that MS supports HTML5 and any of those standards in no way changes the future plans of silverlight or the direction it's heading. It would be like saying Apple say developers should support HTML5 and follow it with an article saying Apple to dial down iOS. HTML5 is a web browser...
Only problem with that is someone else will be given the trademark and then they can sue apple.
The Zune software for Windows doesn't sync contacts either, all it does is music, videos and photos. Everything else is cloud based. If you want to sync your mac contacts your basically limited to either syncing though Google or Yahoo as thats the only cloud based services OS X contacts sync with (other than mobile me).
Geeze some people really like there copy and paste, you would think the world was going to end if you didn't have it. As for people thinking the ui is a complete failure, I kinda like it, not everyones the same. I've stared at a liitle grid of icons on my phone for almost a decade, time for a change. One thing that hasn't been mentioned though is this now completes microsofts cloud based services. All you photos, contacts, calendars, emails, office files etc now sync....
I just went to buy one and they were sold out, so evidently more than just me.
Don't forget most website you visit (like this one) have their adverts managed by Google.
I kinda agree and disagree at the same time. If this was a patent for the technicalities of how interpreting the gesture is recognized then a movie wouldn't count as the movie just has an idea and no patentable technology on how it's done. But from what I've read this is a patent on the actual gesture being used on a mobile device, irrespective of any technology behind it. In which case is there is a film that has a person doing the same thing then it would be prior art...