or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

I experienced slow down with with iOS3, iOS4 has just continued the slowness. If anything it may have actually got slightly better. More than anything I think its probably just the age of the phone being around 2 years old. I've never really understood why computers get slower with age, even if there running the same os and you wipe them back like new, but I guess smartphones are going to be the same.
I'd say it was. Initially you have no idea where anything is, but once your used to it, trying to use an old version seems impossible to find anything. Drop downs are just dated these days, could you imagine drop downs on an iPad? How ridiculous would that be.
You could have written some business logic in C# that is used to power part of a Website, Silverlight app and Windows app. From what I understand there are tools around that will let you compile that down to be used in an iPhone app, but now Apple say you have to use Xcode and therefore that is not allowed.True they can't control the other languages and there will be a lag between them updating what the iPhone can do and what the other languages are able to use from that....
The idea sounds a bit of a stretch to me and I agree with everyone that there's nothing really to suggest that this is what there doing. It would be good though, at the moment if you do web development the Mac is a bad platform to use as you basically have the choice of Dreamweaver which sucks and some basic text editors. At the same time, the next Xcode is only being Xcode up to date with the rest of IDE's around 8 years ago, which doesn't give you much faith that it's a...
I get why it's nice to compare apple and microsfot given there history. But in reality apples success isn't at microsofts expense. Apple have just grown in other markets. Even if they do pass ms in revenue let's face it profit is the important figure revenue is meaningless. In terms of Market cap though, apple should be lower. Ms has a lot more products with a lot more lock in with customers. Apple have what's currently the best phone, but a few years ago motorolla...
Think that sums it up quite well for every discussion on this site. Personally I'm type 4. Don't really care if there is or isn't an issue as I don't want the phone (already have an iPhone would just be buying the same thing again but slightly different), but do find it quite amusing after years of Apple pointing out bad things in other peoples products they've now got a news story about them that they can't kill. Also find the argument that it's fixed with case highly...
There's one massive flaw with the losers sections of this article in that it suggests you will buy an iPad over a netbook. A lot of people buy netbooks because there cheap and that's all they can afford. To get the iPad they still need to buy the Netbook as well, as an iPad on it's owns useless. You still need a computer to go with it to put anything on it! If anything it will boost Netbooks as once you've spent £400 on an iPad your not going to spend another £1000 on a...
Always nice to see big companies make fun over their failures while making fun of others.
It's a bit of a week copy argument. They haven't made any new actual technology as they predate apple at doing this with their enterprise clients. Putting it all on one public website is a copy but that's such a small part of it it makes it meaningless.
Well there's the Moonlight the open source Silverlight implementation for Linux http://www.mono-project.com/Moonlight and as someone else has posted the SWF file format is an open standard which is basically Flash. People are free to write players that read them, the same as people are free to write and have written IDE's to create flash files.Disagree. You can't change a standard once it's finished. HTML5 keeps changing because it's not finished. In excactly the same way...