or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Oh look the influx of posts pointing out how the article that was supposed to clear up all the misunderstanding and misrepresentations didn't mention any of the Exchange features that are not supported and the fact that it doesn't offer the same integration that Outlook does. What a surprise, shame most people tend to read the comments when there posted...
Well now installed.. Likes 1. Now an option to make the store take up the whole window. Excellent for my iBook as it never fitted on the screen. 2. New top bar design. Sure it doesn't conform to Apples styling but nor has any other release, and Apple get to follow different rules remember. 3. Home Share. Haven't actually tried it yet but all sign's point to it being good. Hate 1. The white! Really really hate the white. The black was stylish, the white though is...
Assuming the copy file thing works I'm liking it. Would really prefer it though if they could turn the Mac Mini into a home server. Its fair enough that they don't want to let you just copy files between any computer through iTunes, (although I think it may be more about getting people to sign up to the iTunes Store) but I'd really like them to just bring out a home server that could manage all the syncing between my iMac, iBook and iPhone.
All seems fair to me. Obviously its a biased but I'm sure Apple must tell their employee's similar things. The Live / MobileMe comparison may not be perfect and MobileMe may do things that Live doesn't, but at the same time Live is free and MobileMe is something you pay for but never own. iWeb is also not the equivalent of Writer. Writer will publish to 3rd party sites like Word Press and is specifically for writing blogs. iWeb on the other hand is more like a Shareware...
Im with you. From some of these articles and their comparisons to XP you could be mistaken for thinking it was a recent MS product and not an old one they recommend people to upgrade. It's also a bit annoying that none of these articles ever mention anything negative on Apples side. It always things like "Windows 7 has security features that OS X has, but their not needed" or just completely ignore things like the Exchange support article not even mentioning that it isn't...
What has the age of a product got to do with anything? If it works, people like it, already have it and don't need anything new, why should they have to upgrade it. This is more like Apple considering anything older than 5 years to be obsolete and thus not bothering to support it. Bit like dropping support for Power PC chips. Amazing how Apple could bring out the iMac G5 (which I recommended to someone to purchase) and advertise how it had a 64bit processor in it and was...
Anyone else confused what direction Quicktimes now going in? The article talked about all the new features, but as Quicktime X is only on Snow Leopard unlike every other version of Quicktime and also every other media player, what exactly is the point of Quicktime now? If compatibility was a compatibility concern before that made developers use Flash instead, Apple have just made it ten times worse.
Thanks AI for clearing this up for me, I had recently believed the misrepresented or misunderstood reviews and thought what Apple had done was built in support for a popular email server. When what they really did was licensed the use of Exchange to help promote other services from Yahoo, Google and Apple own Mobile Me. It's just obvious now you say it. And this obviously has something to do with the closed business model of the iPhone. Which of course is perfect and...
Was this article about snow leopard or just someone trying to confirm that mac is better than windows? On a day to day basis I read this site and some ms sites. The ms sites tend to talk about the new beta versions as ms trys to invent and improve their stuff while this site seems to focus on telling us how apple was years ahead of ms because it included a bit of open source code in their os. Can we not get back to what's good and new in snow leopard rather than comparing...
Irrespective of what originally got them in trouble, we now have a situation in the EU where MS are having to produce a copies of their OS which don't include these programs whereas Apple are fine to list them as features of a their OS. If their in the same market then they should have to all play by the same rules. I also don't see how MS's market share should have an impact on what they do either. It would be like telling a car manufacturer if they ever got to be a...