or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Doesn't that cover basically every app on the app store? After all we keep hearing how html5 is just as good as flash and silverlight and every app could be built in them, so ate they getting rid of every app. On a different note, good sign for anyone buying apps. Bad sign for people making them this is the opposite of a free Market with fair competition.
Good article, but kinda assumes that everyone that wanted Mac OS X on the iPAD, want's it exactly as it is rather than an iPAD version, which I think is kinda obvious that they do. Wouldn't need to be huge changes just enough to make OS suit a touch screen device. Using the argument of current programs might not be that great to determine you need to move to a much scaled down OS that is highly restrictive and makes the device more comparable to a Nintendo DS rather...
Check your facts. Flash can be written in a text editor and can be compiled into a flash movie with a free command line app. Adobes developers tools are also not the only ones available, there are plenty of others even open source ones. Adobes flash player is patented and the only way to view flash content, but it is also an official standard.
As this article mentions flash apps being made for mice and keyboards. Isn't it also worth noting that unlike HTML5 Silverlight actually supports multi touch. So for multi touch devices thats kinda of a big thing to be lacking in a web experiance. Not only that but HTML5 doesn't actually have any support for touch. All Safari on an iPhone seems to do is convert a touch to a click, there's no actual real distinction. Whereas if you were running a Silverlight app on a PC...
I understand why people don't like flash but the idea that by not having it, supports open standards is wrong. Developers arnt creating html5 apps instead, they create a closed iPhone app that can only be used on a product from apple. I like the idea of html5 being a replacement but it just isn't. Take a look at bing maps and then bing maps in silverlight. Or have a look at web controls availiable for HTML and their silverlight counterpart. Despite the fact in both...
Mac's dead, its all about the iPhone OS now, just wait until we get the Pad Book to replace the Mac Book. It will be a revolutionary idea of having a real keyboard attached to the screen! Seriously though Quick Office is great, I'm quite impressed that its so easy to use and has beaten anything from Apple and Microsoft. Just a shame I have absolutely no way of getting a file from being an attachment in Mail into it to edit without the use of a computer, making...
Good to know we were all just imagining the pain in our eyes that comes after reading screens for a while. The next time I see someone print something off their computer avoid looking at a screen to read it, I'll be sure to call them a nutter and that the cheap printer paper there reading it off could actually be worse than the screen there staring at. Or perhaps this persons wrong and staring at a screen that is basically a light for an hour while you read, may not...
Well I can't speak for where you live. But in England consoles are different prices. Many may follow the recommended price from the manufacturer, but all have their own offers etc. That why different stores exist and people talk about shopping around. Fine agreements could be in place that mean a store can't choose its prices. But given the size of Apple and iTunes, I highly doubt they can be forces into any agreement they disagree with. I don't think everything is a...
Love it, people actually believe it was Apple that wanted to remove DRM. Irrespective of the fact other MP3 stores were selling DRM free MP3s before Apple, and EMI said at the time it was them that requested Apple get rid of the DRM. Is it also really the music labels setting the prices for each track and not Apple. Kinda weird don't you think? Most shops set their own prices to ya know complete! And if its the music labels choosing that higher price, why is Amazon 20p...
Does amazon really have to worry that much? In the music world it's them taking Market share from apple, why shouldn't they be able to retain their Market share in books. Also I'm not into ebooks but everything I hear refers to everyone making ebook readers and apple calls there books iBooks. Does that mean they will only ever work on an ipad? If so then that's a huge reason to go with amazon. Also if amazon really want to compete on hardware I think they could. After...