or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Don't forget the Apple HiFi, that was so unsuccessful people don't even remember it, despite the fact it's their only real product that's gone into the living room to replace something already there.
Hope it's fake. iPhone os probably means the same iTunes lock in we currently have with with iPhones. I want to get my apps from anywhere or be able to write them myself. Also I think it's kinda essential that there's one common file system that all aps can access like a normal pc. If I got one of these I would want it for work so I would want to be able to access common drives for files easily, not set each app up to have access
I wouldn't have thought microsoft were against it. After all they origionally made a virtual pc app to run windows on a mac. It's more questionalbe if apple want it on there, they seemed to wait until someone else released a solution to do it before announcing bootcamp almost the next week. I don't see why he shouldn't sign. Ms make apps for iPhones, software for osx and even recurve royalties for the exchange part in osx. Just because companies compete doesn't mean they...
I'll stick to my £300 price point. I can't see it being that cheap, but the problem is what would you actually use it for that's going to justify the price? In the same way as not many people justifying the price of Apple TV compared to just having DVD's. I also don't see why people can't put a value on it before they've seen it. End of the day it's a tablet, you think how much would I pay for a tablet, and then how much more would I pay for it to have an Apple logo on...
Me to. I don't see the point in it if it costs the much. The only use I can think of, is for it to be a handy device to use in you home. E.g. Play iTunes content to airport express base stations, quickly go on the internet and check your mail. The job that's currently being done (in my case) by either my iPhone which isn't great due to the lack of screen size and flash or my 5 year old iBook which I dont mind keeping under the sofa but takes ages to turn on. If it costs...
Wow how much more obvious could it be that the publication is apple and this all just to generate publicity before the event.
Would be nice to know the stats for how many of the 3 billion downloads have then been deleted. I imagine its quite high. I think iPhone's still the best but it's nice to see other catching up as now I really want to replace my iPhone. Over a year old its now painfully slow and to be honest I just want something new. As great as it is after a while you just want something different. What really would help get another phone ahead of the iPhone would be to allow music...
1) Yes I have a DVD (well xbox) but like a lot of people I want to minimize the number of box's and remotes I have. 2) Yes I have heard of handbrake but only because I'm a computer geek. The average person will be expecting iTunes to do it. 3) Why shouldn't it be a set top box? It's not like any of these ideas arnt already availiable in cheaper alternatives. Maybe not all together but the fact is so far despite being positioned to be able to sell the most has so far come...
But why would you want your whole movie collection on your computer? I admittedly started it once but now really don't see the point. I hardly ever watch a film more than once and putting a DVD in a DVD player takes less time than ripping it. Plus as the apple tv isn't big enough to store all my films I would have to turn my mac on every time I want to watch a film. Seems great that it can do it but I just don't get why I would pay £250 to do somthing that seemingly has...
No surprise really. Im a bit of a Mac Fanboy but aTV has completely failed for me and it something that I could so easily waste money on. First version was great, but the lack of a DVD drive really put me off. I see no point in converting my DVD's and storing them on my computer when there already stored on a DVD. Especially when I find it nicer to look through a DVD rack rather than a boring list on a screen. To me a media center needs to allow me to do everything. The...