or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

Does amazon really have to worry that much? In the music world it's them taking Market share from apple, why shouldn't they be able to retain their Market share in books. Also I'm not into ebooks but everything I hear refers to everyone making ebook readers and apple calls there books iBooks. Does that mean they will only ever work on an ipad? If so then that's a huge reason to go with amazon. Also if amazon really want to compete on hardware I think they could. After...
I don't spend much time looking at hardware outside the Apple world, but the other day I was looking at the Nokia booklet and my initial thought was. About the same price as an iPAD, cheaper than a Mac Book and has an HDMI port. Maybe lots of other Netbooks have HDMI ports these days, but to me this seemed brilliant. I don't want an Apple TV as I would use it so infrequently, and I currently have the problem of iMac upstairs and want to watch the 2 episodes of a series I...
No I considered that but I don't think that necesserally makes the iPad the winner. The following points spring to mind: - if it's web based you could just use any browser and someone will undercut the iPad. It's about twice the price of a netbook so someone will make a cheaper version - no silverlight support. As far as I know as good as HTML 5 is it can't support multi touch and just uses click events for touch events - need to test code. Compiled languages have decent...
Tablets in hospitals I can see happening. iPAD's in hospitals im not so sure, im in the UK so it definitely wont happen over hear. If it were running Mac OSX then I would find it more likely, but the closed nature of the iPhone OS makes me doubt it. Even with an enterprise option that skips the app store, it's still a massive device lock in, rather than being able to change to different hardware as it becomes available. Also looking to the future of devices there's no...
I agree, Acer would come our with some crap running full Windows 7 that would be open and let you install what you want. It's hard drive would also be rubbish and feature things 250 GB hard drive like their netbooks. Much better to have a closed system that restricts your online digital purchases to one store that attaches a premium to its pricing, and then settle for a 16 GB of space, because as we know 16GB is all the space you need if you want to follow the...
I really don't get how this makes things better or what was so complicated before. You still have folders in all these file systems local to apps right? Once you hide all the system files and just have user files left, whats wrong with these all being in the same place? The notion that it will be good to have files associated with apps seems really confusing. My iPhone has Camera, Photos, Quick Office, PS Mobile, Mobile Me Gallery, so under this new idea I have to...
Fair comments I think. If Steve wants to use a statistic of revenue to claim a title why shouldn't nokia point out they still sell more units. Microsoft pointing out the whole closed system is also valid. Let's face it the device is just a big iPod touch. Same framework and same apps just different skins. It really does just have one good reason to get one and that's safari. As soon as another mobile browser matchs that then that's when people will get windows 7 tablets...
I don't, I think there giving the masses part of what they want and sticking in some huge limitations at the same time. But then people just have to accept what this is, which is an iPAD. HP and the rest are making tablet computers. This isn't a computer, its something that only does what it says on the tin. Bit like a Xbox being just a games console or a PSP being a hand held gaming device. Under it all they all work in similar ways but their capabilities are completely...
I really don't get the use and personally I think they've made a big mistake using the iPhone OS. End of the day the iPhone OS was made for iPhones. The device has all the things you would want for personal use at home as a very luxury item. But as something that could be productive at work it completely fails. 1. No main file system to connect to your office network and open files in relevant programs. This would be a great device for meetings but it lacks the...
I would say window of opportunity of all the others. True Microsoft have been pushing tablets for years without a huge amount of success, but then they've all been in a different market. Since netbooks have come along these are really the next step. The fact all the one ones in the Windows world run full Windows 7 is also major. Whenever anyone does anything good with an interface, someone else copy's it. With phones its a bit hard but just look at what you can get to...