or Connect

Posts by timgriff84

ITunes is still on the PC but it would be interesting to see what it's usage stats are these days. As MP3 players are dropping sales and people use there phones instead, there's not much use for iTunes any more. I still use it for my iPod shuffle, but that's about it. I dont really use it to actually play music on any more. The 575 million iTunes users is also worldwide whereas the HBO figure is just US isn't it? The other thing to consider would be if it was a...
I use it a lot to speak to my family. Mainly because you can't guarantee the others are actually going to ring on their iPads. I would say a significant percentage of the time the call quality is awful. Screen goes blank, or we can't hear each other so we then switch to Skype which has then so far been perfect. At work we just use Skype. When you get 25 people on a call though you do start to get a few lagging issues.
Nah it's an awesome tablet. I bought the Pro 2 thinking I probably wouldn't use it in tablet mode that much, but I haven't really used my iPad since. Simple reason is it's browser is faster. It is heavier but turns out that doesn't really matter that much. Also why do people go on about the 16:9 aspect ratio so much. Apart from the kindle app, every iPad app I have either doesn't work in portrait mode or does something stupid like completely hide article listings. I've yet...
If I was creating content then Apple would be the last people I would want to partner with to provide exclusive content. The problem would be that your stuff would only be on Apple devices. Partner with anyone else and your on multiple devices. It doesn't matter how good Apples devices are, the fact remains most people don't have them and even if 50% of people did have them you'd still be cutting your audience in half.
Sounds mostly like analysts have no idea what Apple is going to do, and at this point Apple also quite possibly aren't sure what they want to do. TVs are logical, but margins are low. Watch's are in the news but the market for that kind of watch will be small. Gaming is another option but again, the profits are low and competition high. Maybe they should follow Google and build self driving cars.
I got Windows and Office free with my Surface.All RT tablets come with office for free.Office web apps have also always been free.
I think thet see Google doc as a far bigger threat. They've been talking a out these updates for months in response to Google docs. Plus its Google that are getting the enterprise users. It Applle.Why? I write quite a lot of programs like this for people and there spendi a few thousand each time. But to be honest they could vietually all of them in excel.Excels can pull in data from external data source and you can have live data with pretty graphs and colours. A lot of...
Huh, first time ive noticed a game come out on ios and windows phone at the same time. Not something you generally expect to see.
More than anything I think this shows a general market trend. Maintaining sales of £500-£600 phones is going to be hard. Particularly if you consider the iPhone 3G only cost £350 and since then £100 phones have improved to the point where they do the same stuff as a £600 phone but are just made of plastic and have lower quality screens.
I sold my iPhone 3G a few months ago for £75 (less ebay fees). Great for me but the people buying these things for this amount must be insane. They quite clearly just want an Apple device over anything else. But that phone was seriously slow an annoying by the time I sold it. Couldn't even keep up with typing.