or Connect

Posts by bigmc6000

So what metric would you like to use their Skil? Or would just like to pretend that your POV trumps all the others and if you don't agree then any argument to the contrary is crap? Or are you of the persuasion that there's no point in gauging the masses at all? If that's your point then you're probably one who thinks Romney was more liked than Obama it's just that the metric available (voting) is flawed and stupid.    Also, AI is just as rife with trolls as MR...
It's the only metric that's available - not the best I'll agree but is there any other way to gauge how happy people are with the freebies?   Should we go look at the reviews for all the free stuff? That's probably even more damming than the % of posters on MR and AI.  Many of them are ridiculous with their points but unhappy none the less.   Yeah, I was glad I got Hugo but with the precedent set from previous years I was thinking there would be more (which seems to be...
I guess you're incapable of reading the rest of the thread where a lot of people are complaining about the quality of the freebies then? Ok, noted...   Also, just go over to MR and you'll see tons and tons of people saying "WTF??" about  the gifts. So, no, it's not just me, sorry you can't seem to understand that some of us can actually READ what other people write and realize that when they say "it sucks" they don't actually mean "it's ok, it's free."  By your...
I don't think you quite understand the meaning of entitlement.   If Apple hadn't made an app about giving away free stuff but everyone was going around clamoring that they "deserve" free music, apps and movies that's entitlement.    Apple advertising this cool 12 days of gifts following Christmas featuring "amazing" free gifts for them to give away very unappealing gifts for at least 11 of the 12 days is disingenuous.  Yeah, it's free so people shouldn't complain but...
If they can add live sports (NFL and College Football) along with apps for ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, CW and a couple other I would be to the point where I would just split the cost of a cable subscription with a friend. They can have the hardware and all that and I'll just use all the digital stuff. People already do it with Netflix since the value of their streaming service is getting to be pretty low so sharing cable subscriptions isn't that far down the line...
Forgot about the interenational presence - yeah, I have no idea what you hear when you hear "Mavericks".    I do call it 10.9 and intend to for as long as it's around.  I'm guessing 10.10 will be after that since Apple decided to alienate the rest of the world by using names from remote places in CA.
I have the delusion I'm the only human being on the planet because there are a bunch of people who also think it's stupid?   What???   And, actually, yes I can say it's what most people think because I pointed out that most of what I've read say it's a stupid name.  So, for example, if I asked 1 person and they said it was stupid I CAN say that 2 people think it's stupid.  Then, follow me here, if I ask ANOTHER person and they also say it's stupid then I am, in...
Still failing at that whole english thing huh?   You said "What you hear ≠ the only possible thing anyone can ever hear."  Which is exactly what I DIDN'T say.  I said I hear "stupid" but some people in CA hear "surfers."   It's a completely idiotic name - doesn't matter how many times you say it like it's a sentence.  It's still a stupid name and it's still not a sentence.   Also - PhilBoogie - do you see anything in there about software? Nothing? Right, you see...
I see you have a reading comprehension issue...   "Unless you're from a certain part of CA all you hear is McCain/Palin..."   I didn't say it was the only possible thing anyone hears - in fact I pointed out that some people hear something else. However, to the majority of people in the US when they hear the word "Mavericks" they think McCain/Palin, followed by the Dallas basketball team and then there's a small number of people in CA that actually know what Apple is...
Can we just pretend like Apple isn't stupid and just call it 10.9? I mean, really, Mavericks?  Unless you're from a certain part of CA all you hear is McCain/Palin...   #namingfail