or Connect

Posts by bigmc6000

That must mean that google is intentionally screwing the iPhone app because if you try to load that up on an iPhone you get nothing.
Also, for those of you still with 5.1 go ahead and open your maps app and take it over to Arlington, TX.  Then search for "Rooms to go" (ya know, one of the largest furniture chains in the country) and see what happens.  Google doesn't give you a damn thing even though there are 7 in DFW and 1 specifically in Arlington (http://roomstogo.com/storelocator/stores.jsp?zipcode=76011&r=R&lat=32.7542&long=-97.0824&_requestid=711700)   Yeah, that same google maps that...
This can't be true...       I can't even tell you how many times something pops right up in google search but the maps app doesn't find a damn thing... 
In DFW it's better in all those things so I'm not sure what to make of that. Apple either really cares about DFW, Google doesn't give two sh!ts about DFW or (most likely) it's on a case by case basis...
I just love how no one seems to be talking about the massive problems Google Maps has right now in iOS5.  As I've detailed before it's nearly a daily occurance that Google Maps can't find something I'm looking for or sends me to another state if not another country.  Google Maps IS NOT THAT GOOD.  It works pretty decently but if it's your only solution and you have no idea what to do when it says "No Results found" then you're totally screwed.  I'm not apoligizing for...
I don't know, I could give you a laundry list of crappy BS I get from google maps. Just last weekend I was looking for a Rooms To Go store, I tried "Rooms to go" and it recommendend "RoomsToGo" - ok, that's probably more accurate. Yeah, it said no results... I live in DFW and there are at least 5 RoomsToGo stores in the metroplex. There's also a restaurant that's been open for more than a year called "Mi Dia from scratch" - Google Maps refuses to find it at all so I just...
Street view - for those who can't read maps...  It's quite a sign of our times that people think that they can't find a place without seeing exactly what the front looks like despite having the address and turn-by-turn directions.  If you really can't find a place with the address and GPS you should really just hire someone to drive you around...   I tried street view dozens and dozens of times and it's rarely done squat for me.  For example, I tried to find a...
Does it support Airplay? If it does then this could be really big. If not it's not a bad thing to have on the road but if it supported AirPlay you'd have me looking there first when it comes times to watch movies and TV shows since I'm already a Prime subscriber.
Wouldn't you just use your iPhone or iPad for that?  I've recently become aware of the fact that many hotels kill the external HDMI functionality for whatever reason. I've plugged in my iPad via HDMI in more than a few Hilton's to get absolutely nothing. Now other hotels it has worked but I don't think that's a big selling point for an Apple TV - just use your iPhone or iPad for the slingbox and if you want to plug it into a TV then take the cord.
They give you something no else does and that is iTunes availability at Netflix pricing.  Apple wants you to drop $3 for 1 single episode and Netflex wants you wait until the entire season of DVDs has come out.  If you want watch a current season but don't want to pony up $30+ (or more) PER SHOW Hulu is a no brainer.  Now if you're fine with waiting until it comes out on DVD or you're ok with paying a boat load to Apple for something you'll only watch once then by all...