or Connect

Posts by bigmc6000

So they aren't illegal in "many" states - they are illegal in 2 and military bases. Most people here don't drive commercial vehicles and they sell mounts that sit on your dash instead of your windshield if you're in MN or CA. Also, if you get pulled over take it off your windshield on your way over to the curb - it's really not that hard. And, as another poster pointed out, radar detectors actually help decrease speeders and, if everyone had them, we wouldn't have to deal...
Where is the accountability from the bars? Yeah, let's all just blame the drivers and take the high and mighty road. These bars are using the allure of alcohol just as much as fast food is use the allure of french fries. Bars don't give a crap if you're too drunk to drive - I have never, ever seen a bar stop someone on the way out because they had, say, 4 or 5 beers. I proposed this on MR but what would be wrong with a "Taxi-tax" where there's a 5 or 10 cent tax on...
Sure do and they work very, very well - if a cop is using radar mine goes off at least 1/2 mile before I get to them and often times much more than that. You have to know how to use it and not just slam on your breaks every time it goes off but they do work and they work very well if the cops are using radar. If they are using laser you're probably screwed but that's where being a smart driver comes into play.
First off saying teachers pensions are under funded depends on what state you're in and, seriously, if you think any of us care about then when our "pension" is Social Security you're barking up the wrong tree. Compared to SS those state teacher retirement funds are pure gold. Second - that's complete crap - you don't need 30 years to be fully vested. I suppose there's an off chance that could be true in your district but most are along the lines of 15-20. That's hardly...
Let me just say that Tim's opinion is not groupthink - that's his own POV. Most people realize that admin is cash sink hole whether it's schools or industry - way, way, way too much money is thrown into administration for people that don't actually help either 1) teach the kids or 2) deliver a product. Personally I'd be all about massively down sizing school administration is there is an opportunity to save the jobs of teachers and, at my school growing up the admins...
That depends, are you absurdly rich?
I think you guys are missing my point - from what I can tell the original article was written from the gay perspective - ie a gay man wrote it. Yes, if a straight guy comes along and gives you a pat on the head and says, "oh hey, maybe you are just as good" that is insulting but, at least in this PC day in age, if it's a member of that group pointing out "we're just as good as you" it's a push for equality. Obama, this is pretty much without question, rode into the White...
It's also a very big deal to those who are gay. It wasn't just published as "look all you homophobes, you're stupid", it was also published from the stance "see, we're just as good as the rest of you." Let's not pretend that every article about MLK is published with the singular purpose to tell racists they are stupid - it's also to make blacks proud. Actually, I think this article wasn't written with any purpose of it being such a big deal to homophobes - I think it was...
You do know that being legally married is a tax penalty, right? I'm going to end up paying about 2,500 more in taxes this year than last simply because I'm getting married... (There's no tax benefit to being married now matter how you slice it because at best the pay scales for a married couple are 2x a single but once you get above 100k total you become subject to higher tax rates than your single friends who are living together). I'm not saying anything about the rest...
Isn't the Mi-Fi the better deal? I mean, if you have that you have a Wi-Fi signal and you can then 1) have a FaceTime chat on your iPhone while on the road, 2) can share that wi-fi with up to 4 other people, 3) not drain the battery as fast on your iPad since the Wi-Fi performance is better and 4) if the iPad 2 comes with the cameras you'd be able to FaceTime. If they switch the iPad to an integrated CDMA chip you actually lose all of that functionality and yet the price...