or Connect

Posts by bigmc6000

This is the kill shot... "Publishers continue to struggle with Apple, as the company is not willing to allow publications to access users' personal information. However, the print business relies on demographic information to share data about readers with advertisers." I.E. Google has no problems giving anyone that asks all your personal information but Apple does and this is somehow contorted to Apple being too controlling - really??
That may be true but, seriously, let's be honest with ourselves here. Apple spies on us, Google spies on us, tons of things we think are useful and helpful are because someone "spied" on us. That doesn't mean it's right but that does mean that saying it's crapware because of that isn't really a valid argument when I'm sure you don't think iTunes is crapware. If you do think iTunes is crapware then that's fine, this is crapware as well but I've long since believed that if...
I don't get the hate for this. I think it's actually both cool and useful. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I get links to something that's in Flash and I'm just SOL. I don't know if I'll pay $3 for it but I might and it certainly has a use. And, as mentioned by another user, if it works with ESPN3 that alone would make it worth it...
Assigning time-zones is, in itself, an artificial manipulation of time so that's little more than a pot and kettle argument.
And thank God we did - the only thing that's stupid is "Standard Time" - wtf is the point in having it bright at 6AM in the morning when over half the nation doesn't even have to be ato work until 8 or 9? There has been study after study after study that killing afternoon sunlight has a profound effect on depression so why in the world have we not made DST standard time? You're giving up an hour of worthless sunlight for an hour of sunlight that actually has a profound...
Who ever thought we'd see this in a laptop evaluation... "...have only two gigabytes of memory in their base configuration" ONLY? 2 GBs in BASE?? Aren't we just 1 iteration from 2GB being the base for the bottom line MBP? Crazy...
Hmm... You may be on to something!!
If the people who are voting and deciding what course this country should take are sitting around watching the View I think we're more effed than anyone ever thought possible...
Am I the only one that thinks the entire country would be much better served if rather than giving money to political parties that ends up directly in the hands of ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC we should be giving that money to charities that, ya know, actually make a difference? What does your political giving get you? A TV ad to try to convince other people to think like you. What does giving to something like Habit for Humanity (insert your charity of choice here) get you? A home...
That looks a little old... Some of the specs on the Slate have bumped up but there's also one that's bumped up A LOT. Check out what engadget had as the price - 549-599. Where they are at now would turn every single iPad version into the red color for threat. I was really skeptical when Apple put out the iPad about how competitively priced it was since most of the stuff costs more but the fact that nobody seems to be able to make these things even at the same cost...