or Connect

Posts by bigmc6000

Yet another idea... Apple TV comes with a wireless webcam (a la iSight) that's beefed up and allows the videoconferencing that's coming w/ the iPhone HD. That'd be kinda cool - video conferencing on your TV w/ someone that's on their iPhone or computer or whatever. It'd really start to get to the point where it could replace having either a computer or a second computer. Chatting with your loved one half the world away on your TV all with the new $299, 250GB, iPhone...
I'm going to throw out random claims of impending awesomeness. The new AppleTV comes with an iPod touch like remote that allows you to play all your stuff from the App Store including everything for the iPad (why hello ABC, nice to meet you). Standard HD capacity to go to 250GB and 320GB and, umm, I'll refrain from saying it'll have a coax input because I'm not *THAT* crazy
Why? Because of this...http://www.tipb.com/images/stories/2...bying-2009.gifhttp://finance.yahoo.com/news/RIAA-s....html?x=0&.v=1 Apple only ponied up 1.5M in lobbying efforts - the RIAA pays about that much (if not more) each quarter.
Actually the Democrats were in control of Congress since, what, 2004 or was it 2006?But, honestly, it's not like either party is void of responsibility or void of stupid people...EDIT: Checked, it was 2006.
How exactly can Apple abandon Flash when it was NEVER on the iPhone in the first place? It's still on virtually all Macs but it's never been on the iPhone and most likely never will be. By Adobe's own admittance they don't have a Flash plugin that's worth a crap for a mobile device so what would Apple even put on the iPhone? Flash lite? Yeah, no. Adobe, Apple isn't abandoning you, they are trying to make the best user experience for their customers, if you should...
Eh, at least it's just 1 guy and you can ignore his comments and then the thread becomes clean. On MR it's just a straight cluster IMO, it's full of 1 liners and will take you 15 pages to find someone who cares enough to write a full analysis and are actually intelligent. I put up with the occasional troll on AI because the ratio of intelligent posts to worthless is probably 10 times higher than MR.
Less garbage...
We don't really care about HTML5 when it comes to Hulu - we want H.264 and a dedicated app although if they don't get on it the content providers are going to realize that when it comes to the iPad (and hopefully iPhone soon) they can make more by just doing it themselves instead of going through Hulu...
The iPad, iPod, PS3 and XBox are putting undue pressure on the US and information is bad unless it's used to empower (apparently). "With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said at Hampton University in southeastern Virginia. Obama described the most popular offerings...
I just want the ability to tell the dictionary that if I accidentally miss the second e in "been" that it won't automatically make it into "Bern" - I mean, seriously, wtf? I have it in English, not swiss, I'm about 100000000% sure that people who accidentally type "bern" in english meant to type "been." I think editable would be awesome, I can't tell you how many times it messes things up with random words that I don't like. Oh, and while we're at it. If I hit send...