or Connect

Posts by bigmc6000

Woe is me, I am incapable of realizing that I can burn a DVD-Audio and that should take most people 1 to 2 discs and then just let iTunes or whatever your jukebox is do the rest of the work. a *tiny* bit annoying? Sure. But so it changing the oil in your car but that doesn't mean it's a broken and worthless system. Call him a fanboy all you want but all he/she is, is a realist. Nothing in the world is given to you for free and occasionally it might take a little bit...
Yep... Another example that comes to mind is the use of the word "real" being used where it should be "really" - I have no idea when that happened but I've noticed quite a bit lately. I.E. "I'm real tired" seems to be acceptable in most places - I've even seen it pop up in articles written by people who are, suppose to be, accomplished journalists!
Well as opposed to last year I'd say it's only double because of the supply issue. I don't recall there being lines every single morning 2 weeks after release as well as virtually every single AT&T store being sold out.In addition I've got people here at work who aren't technically prone AT ALL buying the iPhone so I think their low selling point is doing the trick. The one person in particular has never sent a text message nor has he ever owned an iPod. So yeah, the...
Wasn't it a dude saying "Leave Brittany Alone"? I never even saw it but for small clips but I thought it was a guy...
Man, stock goes up 13% in town days after the initial "oh crap" of the report. If only I had enough spare cash to capitalize on this kind of stuff
Ideally they wouldn't drop any features at all and considering Opp's quote one would believe that either 1) they are going to add new, fairly expensive features and keep the same type of price point or 2) slightly lower the price and add new, not quite as expensive features. I think putting an HD capable camera along with a multi-touch trackpad and switching to aluminum all while dropping the price to $999 (don't be surprised if they ditch the edu discount with a price...
Eh, I want an Aluminum MB. They can keep the MBP's priced high, that's fine with me. I want an AlumiBook with multi-touch trackpad, 160GB HD, 2GB base RAM, dual 2.4GHz with intel's newest integrated graphics (I'd like dedicated but who are we kidding here?) and the SuperDrive. So, basically, what I'm asking for a $200 price drop on the existing model and make it Aluminum. Another cool deal would be to make all the new ones have double density on the built in...
Apple partnering with Dell is about as believable as saying the world is flat. The stock would sell off down to $15 and steve, for all the good he's done for Apple, would be kicked out again. Apple would cease to sell any decent number of computers since people could buy a Dell with the same OS for less and their gross margins would be cut, at the very least, in half. Not going to happen...In the end Apple wants to make money and they are doing a d@mn good job at it...
I wasn't trying to reference their Mac business but their iPod business. We've already seen what happens when you're the big guy on the block and people don't like how much control you have (the small DRM free catalogue). I could easily see the likes of SanDisk and Archos getting involved if they price their iPods so low that it drags the entire companies margin down 4%. Since the iPod is just a piece of the pie the price drop would obviously be more than 4% - it'd be...
I think Apple may be on a slippery slope here. Saying your going to kill the competition by making sure they can't under cut your prices is a little monopolistic isn't it? I mean they don't have enough PC share to garner any law suits but if they bring out something that completely kills the competition in the mp3 market I can easily see SanDisk, Archos, and even MS jumping on board saying Apple is involved in un-competitive practices and they are trying to create a...