or Connect

Posts by pmcd

Well said. Now if only Apple is able to offer an alternative to the current abysmal cable model. We too get every channel under the sun but almost never look at any of them. The ads are just too painful. We could deal with ads at the start of a program but the constant interruption is just too much. We are more than willing to pay for an ad free, or even an ads before, model. As it is, I far prefer Netflix or Amazon Prime via the Amazon Fire TV. Still use our Apple ATV's...
The birth rate in the U.S. has taken a real dive down to around 1.8. This means a very skewed to higher ages population and eventual extinction ( at a fairly rapid rate if you measure in generations). Given that it is extremely rare to reverse a low birth rate the long term consequences for gadgets, Disney, etc ... would seem bleak. You are correct in that the population is still increasing. However, it doesn't take long for a generation to disappear. There are major...
BBC? Also, even other British channels seem to place ads before a program starts. Having ads every five minutes makes TV unbearable to me. It becomes pointless. Dramas lose their impact when interrupted by ads, sports seem to be designed around ads, etc ... Paying a fee to watch live TV with ads ( and I can't see how the ads could be removed) is pointless in my opinion. Ads have ruined so much. At least have an option for higher fees for no ad entertainment. At the very...
Had a look at that. Don't you first have to have a $30 130 channel basic bundle before getting to pick things?
Ads have ruined TV. He has a very good point.
Paying is fine as long as programs are not interrupted every 5 minutes by ads. I suppose ads before programs start would almost be tolerable.
Perhaps the price also has a component which reflects a predicted value of a currency? Countries, such as Australia and Canada, are heavily reliant on commodities which have huge price swings. Currency values seem to reflect this. This is apart from shipping, taxes, market size and so on ... With relatively low valued currencies at this time I don't see why people wouldn't look to other products not tied so closely to the USD. Perhaps they don't exist?
Currencies are hard to understand. It's not clear to me that a really high or really low valued currency is desirable. If high then fewer people from outside the country can/will buy your products. If low then you can't afford imported products.A really high currency would be great if you were fairly self sufficient and did not depend on exports. A self sufficient country would also do well with a low currency since it would export more.As for Apple products, they sell...
What a refreshing opinion. Now if only more people understood the erosion of privacy that is happening. Unfortunately, people are selling off chunks of privacy for free commodities. It's very disturbing.
Going back to mac.com Apple has never gotten the cloud right. I don't know why but it just doesn't seem to be their forte. They are great at so many things but just terrible when it comes to internet based products. They need a whole new team looking into this, maybe people not at Apple.