or Connect

Posts by pmcd

But it sounds like they too haven't sorted out deals with the Australian networks. The TV market is just a mess. I doubt anyone will ever provide a service that people might enjoy. Perhaps the proposed Hulu ad free+ Netflix+ Amazon Prime would almost work, except for local news and sports?
I'd like to see (1) a price under $100 (2) an App Store with Plex and (3) content not tied to cable with no ads. Don't care about thinness, browsing the web with it, different controller, wheels, etc...
There's nothing wrong with Windows 8.1. Most of the complaints seemed to revolve around the Start menu. I personally preferred the New Start menu to the older one but I guess enough people longed for the old one that Windows 10 seems to have some kind of hybrid.It's not as though people have no misgivings about the Finder and the Dock in OSX. In addition there's that strange Launch screen which is incomprehensible. No one knows what to do when it comes to merging mobile...
The +/- part is important. At 2 you do not obtain a stable population. You get extinction ( this is basic branching theory and admittedly is a simple model but is surprisingly robust). The birth rates in most western countries iare closer to 1.6 which is very serious. Europe for example has a serious aging problem. There simply are no children relatively speaking. It's difficult to talk about the whole world when discussing population predictions. I am not up on the 11...
While it varies from country to country one of the most pressing problems in the Western world is in fact a low birth rate. The situation is actually quite critical with most countries headed towards extinction at an exponential rate. Of course you could try to counter that by massive increases in immigration but there aren't enough immigrants to go around and in any case the immigrants then typically adopt the ways of the country after a generation or two.Even China has a...
Thanks for the offer but I have been reading for quite some time.
Let's see, if we stop using carbon based power and technology slows what are the chances that you miss out on serious advancement towards realistic alternative power sources?
Where do you get that 99% figure? Moreover, let's be very careful when using the term scientist. You at least want to look at people published in serious peer reviewed journals relevant to the topic. I am not disputing the 99% figure. I just don't know what it means nor where it comes from. It is certainly a number that has been mentioned by many people.
The whole issue of climate change, CO2 emissions and consequences, global warming, etc ... is not as clear cut as people might want to think. Unfortunately the discussion has become a shouting fest between people with prepared cute answers. It is very political at this point. Those quoting science pick whatever article supports their side while ignoring articles which do not support their case. One thing is clear. Go read the serious article on climate through time and...
It may not be hard but I too find it a nuisance. I stopped watching live TV because of the ads. Programs are designed around them, even sports. At the very least they could show the ads before and after a video.