or Connect

Posts by pmcd

I agree completely, almost. I also have both and the iPhone is far better for me. My Asus basically gathers dust. I have standardized on iPhone's/iTouch's, 3 Mac Minis and 3 Tablet PC's running Windows. Windows is far superior for people wanting an active digitizing screen input. I couldn't imagine ever going back to the typewriter model of a computer. Too bad it's not OSX, but Apple seems to believe that handwriting is a thing of the past (and they might be right). For...
All junk. It's not even worth thinking about. philip
The MacBook is really nice. I don't personally "believe" in laptops, but if one must have a portable typewriter and communication device then the MacBook is a great choice. In fact, for most people it is probably the best computer to buy.It's not clear what is to become of desktops so it's hard to compare things with the Mac Pro and iMac in mind. If you throw those out for the moment then it seems to me that the Mac Mini and iPhone/iTouch are the only products that make...
Well you are correct that it hasn't been updated. But, it is hardly crappy. It's probably the best computer Apple makes. Makes use of your HDTV, fast enough for most tasks, small, quiet, lot's of expansion capability. The Dell Studio is similar but has HDMI. The Mini could do with HDMI and an easier way to expand RAM. But even as is it's a great system.philip
Finally, someone with common sense. philip
A lot of things take time and effort. That doesn't mean financial return is the only motivation. True artists typically do not operate that way. philip
$500 for a 2 gig version with flexible video would certainly be more appealing. It would be even nicer to have a Mini without a DVD player and an internal power source (perhaps even battery powered). I'm not convinced that laptops require screens that are attached to qwerty keyboards. There is room for a portable Mini as long as the setup process is seamless.On the other hand if a Mac tablet were to come out then that would be a whole new ballgame. The whole current...
"Do you realize that 99% of those free software have a paid option, for better support or more features?" Perhaps for support. I highly doubt the 99% figure for more features. There are many quality applications that are free. There is nothing wrong in charging for work based on open source sw, although I do think a good supply of free sw will only help the hardware platform. On a (un)related note, I am a bit uneasy about our information exchange medium being based on...
The 3100 Intel graphics are essentially the same as the 950 and yet they were just put into updated MacBooks. I am not sure what you can expect in a small powerful Mini. The cpu is plenty fast and so they could add more ram,pre-n wifi, larger drive, perhaps e-sata (but I doubt that). Blu-Ray is not in the cards. So what exactly would a more powerful Mini be? The Mini is over-priced badly compared to the Asus Box. I have been using OSX since the start of NeXT and have 3...
This is not a good sign. There are plenty of good free apps. Have a look at LyX for example. One can only hope that the Mac doesn't return to the days of the early 90's... A trend towards taking Open Source sw and touching it up a bit and charging would not be good. philip