or Connect

Posts by pmcd

If the content owners won't let Apple do something worthwhile then perhaps Apple should become a content distributor.You do have a point about allowing games' content across iPhone, iPad and ATV. I see the appeal. I just wonder why someone would choose to play on a TV versus an iPad. The size of the screen for social games perhaps but otherwise is there really any advantage? The typical game on a portable device would seem to be very different than on a higher end console...
I don't see gaming on the Apple TV as any kind of major priority. It hasn't done much for the Roku, Fire TV, etc ... Mind you I have never cared for console gaming so I am biased. Do have a couple of Fire TV's with game controllers that never get used. The Fire TV itself is pretty nice though it has the worst Plex app of all times. A new Apple TV with a Plex app would convince me to move back. Perhaps they should look at the Amazon Echo for something that actually gets...
Well having things automated is yet another issue. In the extreme case where almost everything was automated you would have a problem with how to distribute wealth.As far as the $15 employees go, these might very well be interns or people with little experience in the job market. Usually interns work in jobs related to their training. Minimum wage jobs provide a way of getting money to young people, people in transition, etc ...I am not sure what you want. This is not the...
While you don't want people suffering perhaps minimum wage laws are not the way to deal with poverty. Many of these jobs go to young people and others with no experience. Raise the wages for these jobs and there will be fewer openings for youth and others who need an in into the working force. For having a high minimum you are making it harder for people with little experience to get a foot in the door. In any case, I do not think you really want to encourage people to get...
This is meant to reach a large user base not kill off the Apple TV. The price has to be under $100. 4K makes no sense for the limited audience. They need content not hardware gymnastics.
You never know but DVR capabilities seems like a return to the past. Certainly they wouldn't add local DVR capabilities with an attached hard drive.Perhaps a cloud based capability but even then ...
I agree but what makes you think Apple has the mindset or capability of encouraging a precise stylus as an input device, given its long history of being opposed to them?
But it sounds like they too haven't sorted out deals with the Australian networks. The TV market is just a mess. I doubt anyone will ever provide a service that people might enjoy. Perhaps the proposed Hulu ad free+ Netflix+ Amazon Prime would almost work, except for local news and sports?
I'd like to see (1) a price under $100 (2) an App Store with Plex and (3) content not tied to cable with no ads. Don't care about thinness, browsing the web with it, different controller, wheels, etc...
There's nothing wrong with Windows 8.1. Most of the complaints seemed to revolve around the Start menu. I personally preferred the New Start menu to the older one but I guess enough people longed for the old one that Windows 10 seems to have some kind of hybrid.It's not as though people have no misgivings about the Finder and the Dock in OSX. In addition there's that strange Launch screen which is incomprehensible. No one knows what to do when it comes to merging mobile...