or Connect

Posts by pmcd

The U.S. appears to be in a struggle between secularism and a morality based on Judeo Christian values. Of course so are other Western societies. The term marriage has been used for thousands of years to be between men and women. Nothing prevented anyone from using another term to achieve whatever rights were necessary. To lump gay ( yet another fine term coopted incidentally) marriage in with general marriage meant that a major reason for marriage, namely procreation, all...
The issue involving marriage may be well accepted in the U.S. and most secular countries which are in the process of revising their axiomatic foundations for morality. This, however, is not universally accepted. Moreover the framing of it as one of social "equality" was a coup by the supporters of the winning side. There are many people, perhaps a vast majority, on earth who do not see the redefinition of marriage as a trivial matter. Apple has been very outspoken on this...
I am not complaining. I just feel that public companies should be careful in becoming too political. That would include Google. For one thing, these are multinational entities. Apple, in particular, sells more to countries outside of the U.S. Should it be taking stands that might offend many of its clients or should it be adopting the morality of the American people? The rest of the world does not consider the definition of marriage in quite the same way the the U.S....
Apple should be careful when pushing political causes. Not everyone agrees that redefining marriage is a good thing and that does not make them bigots. Now it is the confederate flag thing. Frankly, Tim Cooke should stick to what he was hired to do and not use his position to push his own personnel political and moral views. There are many good people, not bigots as many here would label them, who are becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the passive aggressive tactics...
Apple does need to simplify iCloud. Going back to mac.com they have never gotten it right. The 5Gigs per user is an insult to those of us with many Apple products. As for Photos I have no idea what is up with Apple. If they want consumers to use their software and devices, they must solve the backup issue. If they plan on milking iDevice users then people will look elsewhere.
The improvement in picture quality is marginal at best. Moreover most people can't see the difference. What matters more in my opinion is doing something about the ad situation.
It's not about money. Costs will still be similar within a couple of hundred per year. The hope is that the experience via iptv might be better, especially as relates to ads. If it's just cable stations moved over to the ATV ads and all then what's the point? The cable people would just jack up network costs, you'd end up paying the same or more and a chance to really change TV would have been lost. People have been leaving cable recently for a variety of reasons. One of...
Almost certainly, though it might depend on the outcome of the upcoming Canadian federal elections.
MS is hardly a dinosaur. They have their networking act together something that Apple has never been good at. They have a server and cloud business. Windows 10 appears to be interesting and they have a gaming platform which they can use to push other things. Apple has the iPhone which if it ever lost fashion would be a severe blow to the company. Moreover, the company has a good, not great, CEO who is not powerful enough to enable the company to take chances on projects...
The antenna is hardly the way to move forward. I can't see Apple having anything to do with that. These rumours are pointing to a very disappointing approach. All that seems to be happening is a switch from cable supplying shows over their wires to shows coming over cable wires to the Apple TV to the viewer advertising and all.