or Connect

Posts by pmcd

Don't know about the conscience thing but a belief in Apple pulling out of South Korea is just crazy. philip
No, your phone is perfectly fine. Stay with it or wait unlit one that will also take you into space. iOS 5, serious voice capabilities, etc ... all make for very interesting additions. AppleInsider's Forums are turning into sounding boards for teens who like to hear themselves talk. The owners should do something.philip
I do agree with you on this. Textbooks should find homes on colour tablets. Too bad the publishing world is so intent on making it difficult. Magazines, newspapers and textbooks. Otherwise, e-ink is infinitely better. philip
I don't quite get the point of the Fire. The e-ink Kindles are great with a very long battery life. That is what you want for an e-reader. Neither the iPad nor the any other tablet I have seen is a great e-book reader. Mind you the iPad is a pretty good textbook reader. I could see the Fire being useful for textbooks, but that world seems very fragmented. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to get video content onto an HDTV or is there? That would make it less appealing...
Do you mean like GM, Chrysler and many of the major US financial institutions? philip
@pooman625 My Tablet PC's all use Wacom's approach. They do not feel cheap, nor do I believe are less expensive to make. The problem with capacitive screens, as used with the iPad, is that they make it very difficult to write. The wrist causes too many problems. Try taking notes in a science based course and you will see why writing is still important. Unfortunately, people are wedded to the 2 dimensional ancient typewriter as an input device. The addition of touch is...
I agree. I really like my iPads and have 0 interest in Android. I do have several Tablet PC's which are great for what I do. If Windows 8 can combine the iPad magic with a stylus then it will be very interesting. I have long thought that Microsoft had much to offer with their tablet research. We will see if it pays off. Philip
I doubt Amazon cares about the hacker market. They want to sell stuff. philip
E-ink is the only reason for our two Kindles, otherwise we would simply use our iDevices. Amazon would lose a lot of readers were they to abandon that. I can't imagine them doing it. philip
What's wrong with WebOS? I've never used an Android device so I can't comment on that. Seems like the wild west with no controls though. I'd rather a well defined OS with a company behind it. iOS or windows8 would be my preference, but webos seems really nice. philip