or Connect

Posts by pmcd

I agree. I really like my iPads and have 0 interest in Android. I do have several Tablet PC's which are great for what I do. If Windows 8 can combine the iPad magic with a stylus then it will be very interesting. I have long thought that Microsoft had much to offer with their tablet research. We will see if it pays off. Philip
I doubt Amazon cares about the hacker market. They want to sell stuff. philip
E-ink is the only reason for our two Kindles, otherwise we would simply use our iDevices. Amazon would lose a lot of readers were they to abandon that. I can't imagine them doing it. philip
What's wrong with WebOS? I've never used an Android device so I can't comment on that. Seems like the wild west with no controls though. I'd rather a well defined OS with a company behind it. iOS or windows8 would be my preference, but webos seems really nice. philip
That is true and I suspect a lot of other tablet makers lost customers because of that. The only tablet selling a lot if the iPad and that won't continue forever. It will do well no doubt but once windows 8 is in the game things will be a lot more interesting. I still think the lack of a stylus input ( not handwriting recognition) is a weak point with the iPad and most current capacitive tablets. Unless we are planning on only using typewriters and returning to the Middle...
Since many Minis are in living rooms looks matter. That's why many of us don't have towers sitting next to the TV. I personally don't want to see ports and wires all over the place and certainly not in front of the Mini. philip
They are not, that's the problem. philip
Well said. philip
For now. The whole android thing is a passing fad. In the not too far future you will see iOS tablets, phones and Windows 8 tablets, phones, etc ... Microsoft has been making some incredibly inept moves, but despite these there are a lot of top people there. It's only a matter of time. philip
No you don't. That sample size (1000+) is often used when extrapolating to millions in elections. It's not too hard to work out roughly what you need to get the "19 times out of 20" statement in the error. Like any sample the size required will depend on how alike the developers are. philip