or Connect

Posts by pmcd

That is true and I suspect a lot of other tablet makers lost customers because of that. The only tablet selling a lot if the iPad and that won't continue forever. It will do well no doubt but once windows 8 is in the game things will be a lot more interesting. I still think the lack of a stylus input ( not handwriting recognition) is a weak point with the iPad and most current capacitive tablets. Unless we are planning on only using typewriters and returning to the Middle...
Since many Minis are in living rooms looks matter. That's why many of us don't have towers sitting next to the TV. I personally don't want to see ports and wires all over the place and certainly not in front of the Mini. philip
They are not, that's the problem. philip
Well said. philip
For now. The whole android thing is a passing fad. In the not too far future you will see iOS tablets, phones and Windows 8 tablets, phones, etc ... Microsoft has been making some incredibly inept moves, but despite these there are a lot of top people there. It's only a matter of time. philip
No you don't. That sample size (1000+) is often used when extrapolating to millions in elections. It's not too hard to work out roughly what you need to get the "19 times out of 20" statement in the error. Like any sample the size required will depend on how alike the developers are. philip
Have you considered the fact that the UK fits into New York state? These comparisons of the UK or other places in Europe to Canada/US are meaningless. The countries in Europe or tiny. That affects a lot of things, especially communications. philip
I have 2 ATV's. One wireless on the 5GHz band while the other is wired. Both work great with netflix and streaming. The wired one is a bit better. Networks are tricky when they don't work right. philip
There are very simple ways to access US content if you looked into that. However, have you considered that it might be local political issues preventing distribution of certain content via the ATV? That is certainly the case in Canada. Distribution rights are very complicated. I really doubt that Apple is conspiring to prevent iPlayer on the ATV. I happen to like UK programming but I can't view it from here. I also can't rent TV shows for 99 cents on the ATV2. Every media...
I see your point. I just don't see Boxee and other competitors as a longrun solution. I agree that Apple should have a better media player. I am not a Boxee fan though I like XBMC and Plex. I must point out that I can use FrontRow to watch my EyeTV HD recordings that have been marked with comskip to remove ads. You can't do that with Plex/XBMC/Boxee. I don't quite understand what it is that people dislike about frontrow. It has metadata, integrates with iTunes, integrates...