or Connect

Posts by pmcd

I can imagine that it would be disappointing, but it's really not the end of the world. Waiting a bit is not always a bad thing. In any case I don't really think we should expect to have products introduced simultaneously. There are just so many regulatory bodies to deal with that I am amazed that they can even sell them in so many countries. I am sure you are aware of the chaos that exists in distribution of media (ebooks, music, movies, tv shows, etc...). These are...
I'm sure you'd survive, but if it's that important then just keep waiting... philip
It's only past midnight in Ontario and east of that. Go west and it is still the 9th of May. Patience... philip
Good luck with that. It'll take a 100 years for that to happen. philip
If you had been out of the country for a week (7 days+ 1sec) would you have had to pay the hst+pst? There is a $750 "duty free" amount but it's not clear if that also means tax free exemption. If not then you are paying state tax, provincial tax and GST. Doesn't seem worth it... philip
Canada Post is more expensive. Shipping in Canada is also more expensive. There are hidden taxes floating around all over the place. Just look at the price of a trip. The taxes are often more than the price of the carrier. In addition, the nominal exchange rate is not what one actually pays. That's a reference point. Even at par you won't get a foreign currency without some kind of charge. Companies have to use some kind of projection regarding currency. They are...
Which one? philip
I wouldn't count Microsoft out. They have a lot of very talented people working for them. To claim they are dying is absurd. philip
Can you write with it? I don't care about handwriting recognition at all, but it would be nice to be able to write and project whatever is being written. Wouldn't the touch stuff leave hand marks all over the place? I have a couple of Tablet PC's from HP and Lenovo. Really nice for writing and I specifically avoided getting the touch screen option. Don't need pressure sensitive but the ability to annotate pdf files at least would be great. I am not talking of writing out a...
The Kindle only recently became available in Canada and there are many restrictions. It took one year for the iPhone to sell up here. This is not a matter of an internal mess. It has to do with the notion of sovereignty which most people (not I) support. philip