or Connect

Posts by jwdav

I agree - netbooks don't hurt Apple's profit at all. They do affect these marketshare reports that count "units" instead of revenue. A $300 NetBook is a "unit", just like a $4000 Mac Pro is a "unit". I'd like to see market share numbers include both revenue and profit.
I saw it as a way for the majority shareholders to get the cash out of the company for themselves, at the expense of smaller shareholders. I wonder who the majority shareholders are ...
You can argue whether or not Apple should have approved Podcaster or not, or even whether Apple should be allowed to approve apps at all if you like ... however, it's pretty hard to argue that Apple should have allowed one developer to use an ad hoc distribution system, and not everybody else. The guy signed a developer agreement, submitted an app, had it refused, publicized that refusal, set up ad hoc distribution to sell his app and then complained about that when that...
Devils Advocate regarding NDA changes: Wonder how developers would feel if, after they submitted an application for approval, found that Apple had copied every blog in town about what a pathetic piece of crap app had just been submitted to them? Up until now, developers have been able to visibly & vocally complain about Apple, however, for all we know, the app could have been complete crap, and Apple can't really explain that to anyone without trashing some...
So, for 30% higher cost than AT&T, we receive 1/3 of the service. 450 anywhere in the USA minutes vs 150 local minutes Mobile to Mobile Free vs Charged Incoming Calls Free vs incoming Charged Free Call Display/Evenings start at 7PM vs $20 Call Display/Evenings start at 7PM Unlimited Data vs 400MB Data 1/3 fewer text messages per minute billing (Rogers) vs per second billing (Go Fido ...) 2 Year Contract vs 3 Year Contract I have phone...