or Connect

Posts by PB

Power is one aspect. Another one is longevity. It is known that Apple uses to offer longest support for the more powerful machines regarding OS updates. For example, even 6 years old MacBook Pros will run Mavericks. MacBooks of the same age are simply not supported.
 Well, this is not really an update but an addition to the existing line. Also, the timing and the specifications suggest that this machine targets mostly schools, businesses and administration. On the other hand, Apple seems to prepare the ground for a real update of the whole line this autumn. I am curious to see in which way exactly.
 I think this would be a nice machine as a general purpose computer for non-intensive tasks if it had an SSD instead of the 5400 rpm HDD. It is really crippled by this alone. The rest of the machine is quite good for this price (remember the CPU will scale up to 2.7 GHz) but it needs desperately an SSD. Even a slow one would make a huge difference.
OK, Apple Store is down. New iMacs?
 I am really sorry to hear that. This kind of illness is the worst that can happen in your life. How are you doing now? I know personally one woman that had it also many years ago. She was lucky to have it diagnosed in an early stage. She is fine today.
 What happened? If you don't mind me asking.
 This is what I thought also but the European reality has been proved much more complex.
 The meaning of the resources argument, from my point of view at least, is not financial. Obviously there is ample cash to spend. The point is that Apple does not want to spend for such reasons. They proved it years ago, as I mentioned before, in the case of the pair OS X - iOS development. They had already tons of new cash each year in order to expand their developer teams, if they wanted to. Instead, they chose to move developers around according to the needs. They...
Off topic: I heard the same thing about some Balkan countries as well. Much cheaper than EU zone, but also (much?) more risky from a sanitary point of view. What about Hungary? Is it considered good enough by EU standards in this sector?
 They won't let that happen. See the example of Greece.