or Connect

Posts by PB

I have seen one in person. It is an absolutely amazing sight. But the net is full of reports with the so-called image retention in the retina-equiped MBP's. Even at the Apple support forums there is a huge thread about it. It seems that this issue is related to the LG displays. Some of them are from Samsung and those do not present the issue. It looks like a lottery at this point, unless they have already found a solution.
Well, I have never used an iPad to know but the kind of network security may be the reason. Have you tried WPA or WPA2 instead of WEP?
Many care, outside of the U.S. of course. For example, if I was going to buy it, I would have to find a way of transportation since I don't have a car. This weight reduction comes very handy. You can tell me that in this case, I can order it online. Even so, less weight means a more friendly device for the economy and the environment.   Plus, I don't have a TV in my home. If I was to watch a movie on the iMac, I would have probably to move it occasionally around the...
Fear not. I am writing this on an old Macbook (black) running Snow Leopard. The machine is five years old - late 2007 model - and it still runs perfectly well. I use it at home, office and while traveling. It served me very well in light and heavy-duty work in the past, as much as a laptop can get.Today's portables are much better of course. And OS X is very mature. This means longevity for any machine you buy today, especially if the use is relatively light as you...
Well it looks like Apple has really yield issues with the new manufacturing technique. The rumor comes from Macbidouille claiming to have info from a commercial source. According to their source, the new iMacs might be not ready before the beginning of 2013.
I am afraid this is is your only option with the new models.
We are almost in the middle of November and still not a trace of new iMacs. Not even pre-order for the model supposed to ship in at most two weeks from now.   This is something unheard of and it shows loss of interest. The beginning of the end?
Not sure if your answer is addressed to me or not. But if it is, I have to say that personally I am glad that the iMac lost the optical drive. This means one less mechanical component that is slow, noisy and prone to failure. I had a different opinion a couple of years ago but I changed my mind in the meantime. My daughter uses regularly disks (CD's and DVD's), like many times a week, but if I buy a new iMac she is not going to be affected by this because she has her own...
Please, try to understand what I am saying and see the situation in the correct context and proportions.
Being "out of vogue" is very different from "no one used them". By the time the first floppy-less Mac hit the market, floppies were present and still used everywhere, along with the other storage media of that time.   They were estimated to be 5 billion out there in 1996. Of course people complained about reliability and capacity and wanted something better. And of course the decline started somewhere in the mid '90s. Apple saw the opportunity to shape a new future for...