or Connect

Posts by PB

I am also inclined to believe so. And for those who already forgot it, let me recall that sometime last year (or the beginning of this one) there was a serious security hole in java that remained unpatched for many months in OS X. Since then I disabled java in Safari and never looked back again. Of course this is not the reason why Apple is leaving java, but I suspect that it played an important role in combination with the slow down in the java updates rate for Mac OS X,...
I think this is normal. At this size (11.6") the torque of the applied force is smaller and it is more difficult to bend the material.
2.5 GB for an office suite? This is not just bloated, this is montgolfière.
Apart from what Mr. Me proposed there are two important things to consider when a machine slows down: (1) amount of available physical memory (RAM), and (2) processes running in the background. If the system RAM is limited and the machine is sufficiently loaded to ask for more than the available memory, the system will create one or more files on the hard drive that will be used to store information normally residing in RAM. But hard drives are much slower than RAM and...
I have a black Macbook and I can confirm every word of your message. The viewing angle is simply horrendous. It is almost 3 years old now and at that time I would only disagree with the "buy a damn PC" part. But if today the Macbook display is more or less what it was 2-3 years ago, then I can understand what you say. My wife's MBP 15" has a sooooo MUCH BETTER display. It is a pleasure to use it. Next Mac for me will rather be a big iMac after the Lion release. The...
I wanted the same one as you but for me there is a deal breaker: lack of a lock slot in both models. I am not necessarily blaming Apple here since I don't know if there are any locks for slim laptops, nevertheless the result is the same in the end: no MBA for me because of that. I need to take in the office sometimes but there it will remain unattended for some time during the day. This is enough for such a small machine to get stolen very easily by a casual theft and no...
Many people I would say, and not only Unix/Linux veterans. I have constantly at least 9 of them active and they play very well with Exposé. My daughter likes to have 2 to 4.
For me this means that they already sell it. It is a matter of decision to "unlock" it and make it more widely available when they see fit.
I am afraid that we would already know if a release of a major Mac OS X update was close. I would give it one year at least from now. More next week of course.This sounds like a good plan. Ditching the optical drive would be a dramatic change if it concerned all the Mac portables. However I still believe that it has to go at some point, why not this autumn? In this case, Apple should simply adjust (to the lower) the price of the external superdrive they already sell.
Another reason is that many people want all Mac portables to be without optical drives. This will obviously open new opportunities for more processing power with eventually a quad core in the 17" class in the not so distant future and probably new or improved features (for example another storage media or bigger battery). Optical drives are slow and noisy, why not leave just the USB and SD ports? Anyone needing a DVD drive can buy an external one as we did for many years...