or Connect

Posts by PB

Not surprising given that the new OS consists majorly in porting iOS features to the Macintosh. Or so the corresponding Apple page lets me think. This leaves me totally indifferent since I don't own an i-device. Only thing that I find interesting is the new security policy. It seems OK on paper but we will see what it gives in practice.
These benchmarks may also give you an idea about the performance of various Macbook models.
And this is related to "Current Mac Hardware" how exactly? Should not it be in "General Discussion" or even "Future Apple Hardware"?
And you know this... how exactly?
RAM is fairly cheap and getting as much as you can is the best you can do. On the other hand, an SSD is quite expensive but it will speed up disk access each time the system is going to page out. I had recently the opportunity to check out in a shop an iMac and a Macbook Air. The MBA felt really more responsive than the iMac because of the SSD, while its CPU is much slower. It was incredible. Of course the iMac will destroy any MBA in number-crunching but the overall...
The point was not about glossy in general but about the displays in the earlier Macbooks that happened also to be glossy. They were horrible: color rendering, viewing angle, brightness, all horrible. Difference like day and night compared to the Macbook Pro's. I still keep this Macbook and I have first hand experience.
OK but should it be possible for a simple user to change passwords, even with physical access to the machine? I say no, for such operations always an admin password should be required, at the very least. I am curious to see what Apple will do about it.
This rumor is in alignment with the late-2011 iMac leak in a technical note from Apple. So I think there must be some truth in it and probably both the MBP and the iMac will get some minor updates before the end of this year.
Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy your all new iMac! Just one comment on something you said previously:It is not a purist's point; not at all. It is a completely practical and ergonomic issue here. As long as we humans keep the physical form we have today, and the desktop displays stand vertically, touchscreens make little to no sense at all. Maybe they would be useful for some limited applications (we see them in shops for example) but they cannot replace what we...
I already said it: just curious. It is not scolding, as you falsely assume.