or Connect

Posts by PB

I definitely missed that post.Anyway, I am not going to ask rights of intellectual property about it. The thing speaks by itself. It is just the fact that the name Mac Pro attracts all kinds of pro's, each one with his arguments and heat, and all forget to think about the obvious.
Corrected
At last someone is listening. This design has the potential to answer the needs of most Mac users, provided Apple decides to offer low end configurations. I said it here, you gave a nice example. The question still stands though: what Apple will finally do?
Indeed, you are missing something. In laptops, when the system boots for the first time, it will write a file on the hard drive having the size of the RAM. So, if you have 4 GB RAM in your system, a file of 4 GB will be written (like /var/vm/sleepimage, if I remember well). In this file the operating system stores its state so that it can be quickly recovered and restored after hibernation.   During normal sleep mode, available for both laptops and desktops, the...
Exactly. This is what the low end Mac Pro should cost with a display. It is a while now that the high end iMac is more or less in the same league as the low end Mac Pro in terms of raw CPU/GPU power. For example, the late 2012 high end iMac can beat even the 6-core 3.33 GHz MP, which is not a low end model but it sits in the middle of the range. The added value of the Mac Pro was the internal expandability, and the much more material needed to build it. Both are gone...
I think this is a crucial point in the whole approach. Apple already touts the new machine as the most expandable ever. So better be it, by offering lower cost configurations. Remember the old Power Macintosh G3/G4? The base configurations were available at $1600. Given the storage trade-offs in the new machine, and possibly others also depending on the degree of integration of the parts (yet to be revealed), Apple needs absolutely to offer at least one configuration...
I see what you mean. But Xeons are very expensive; aren't there other CPU options?   Also, does it really need two high-end GPUs to run? Finally, using a slower SSD with less capacity can have a dramatic impact on price.   Me too.
Haha, cylinder only! Including the basic array of internal components of course.
These are my thoughts, more or less. But I wish an entry configuration at 1800-2000 euros (for the box only) be possible. The physical dimensions of this machine would allow it to serve the non-pro segment that has above average computing needs, if Apple decides to put inside somewhat slower components in order to keep the price under check.   With today's technology, this machine can be the mythical xMac for everyone and the high-performance Mac Pro in one package,...
Exactly my thoughts. What kind of survey could you have about an ... unknown produt?!