or Connect

Posts by bigmike

a great portfolio piece that could land them a great 3D gig.
 .whocaresitsbusinessletsgetonwithourlives
  Agreed.   I use my 17" Pro every day for graphics and photography. I have no issue with "lugging" it around because I want the extra screen real estate. I don't really need to buy a monitor since it's a nice balance of the size I like and portability. It works for me as a professional.   Anyway, I'd hate to see the 17" go, but all of this is rumors and we'll see what the real deal is next week.
As long as there is the option to turn it off, then I'm ok. If not, I'll consider ditching the iPhone. My device shouldn't control me.
Ok. It's 16:9 format now. A bit taller. Calm down people.
And so it begins...
  And the day will come when a new company comes along and passes Apple as far as innovation. Until that day, they just keep refining and updating their existing well-designed products, while working on new ones. Yeah, it's all just hype and hype alone. Has nothing to do with good product (and store) design. Not at all. That's why nobody copies Apple. Not at all.
  "Pick a size and we'll check. I'll bet each one turns out to be Retina."     ..........................   Before I go on, I'm making it clear I'm talking about Apple's "Retina" terminology..... Apple's Retina display is 326 pixels per inch (960 x 640) on the latest iPhone and 264 pixels per inch (2048 x 1536) on the latest iPad. HD TVs can be either. One factor of pixel density is the size of a screen, but normal HD TVs don't have the same density. In other words, the...
It's good to give light to inventors who add to human evolution, in one way or another. Not all inventors do this (nor are all celebrities useless) but it's a step in a positive direction. People need to realize that thinking and creating are something that isn't pushed in American society. It's not taught (much) in schools. To progress, we need more creativity and less useless messaging/advertising.
Well in digital format, more bits means better and more solid low end, which lets one "feel" the music more (I've been told I'm a bit of an audiophile). But, true, one has to use good quality speakers or headphones that can reproduce the audio spectrum properly. For most people, the existing common digital formats are fine. So, basically, this whole idea of higher resolutions would apply more to audiophiles. On another note (which most people don't think about), some...