or Connect

Posts by nicholas_hagen

I really should quit reading these articles cause I become convinced investors have no clue what they are writing about. Apple does not want to own the marketplace, nor should they. If Apple wanted to own 30% of the marketplace, they could. Instead, they focus on great technology and high profit margins to balance themselves appropriately. Samsung will always be on top...what do you expect from a company that sells 80 different models (slight exaggeration)? More...
I agree...my kids use my phone all the time and have never charged anything because they'd need to know the password, which they don't. If parents don't protect their devices, that's their own fault. It's a shame companies have to pay people who don't deserve to be paid.
The market share analysis put out there is completely irrelevant and I have to believe market analysts and stock holders recognize that as well. Look at the bigger picture. Subsidies of Apple products is much higher than Android phones. Sure, they cost the same to the user ($199), but the cost that goes to Apple or Google is much different by a hundred or so dollars. Selling 9 million phones at $100 vs 3 million at $300 is still the same income even though market share...
Oddly enough, this same thing happened to me from Thurs to Friday.  Various contacts of mine got spam emails from my me.com address, even though I never use it (it's only linked to my Apple ID account).  I'm guessing now it was only those in my iCloud contacts since not everyone got the spam.  The emails were along the same lines however.  It got to a point that my password was changed.  I had to use the reset password process to get back into my account.  The next day...
Many NAS'es have iTunes Server in it that you can use and then your computer can store its contents to the NAS as a file share, which then Apple TV can reference that iTunes library via iTunes server. The NAS is always on at that point. I only have a Macbook Pro and use it in this sense...although I never truly use iTunes Server, but my NAS does support it. NAS'es have dropped in price dramatically as well.
I completely agree...makes me consider going back to college to become a patent lawyer so I can go company to company and charge them $1000/hr to defend their silly patents.
I actually tried to read through the email patent before I got too annoyed by the claims. Every claim they make has already been implemented in every way imaginable...not sure why they think they deserve a patent for common sense. Unless I'm misreading something, they essentially patented a way to perform email asynchronously to avoid delays as well as to queue messages until the system becomes available again. I feel like I've implemented that myself on countless...
I don't think you will ever see tethering on AT&T's network until they have a 4G solution and can better handle large amounts of traffic. AT&T is already having a hard enough time surviving the bandwidth used by iPhone users (not to mention all the other smartphone traffic out there). If you give users the ability to easily use their computers to connect it'll kill their network. Users will download much more data (and some will prolly use the network exclusively over...
I went to my AT&T store to pickup my iPhone 16GB black this morning and it was not nearly as difficult. I got in line at 6:30 and was 11th in line (small town of about 20,000 ppl). The store said they only had roughly 30 units total though. I am on a family talk plan and am not primary account holder, but I was never asked about it regardless. I got in, they took my SIM from my 1st generation iPhone and put it into the new iPhone, and I walked out after paying. ...