or Connect

Posts by BeyondYourFrontDoor

Why would I expect Apple to stop supporting Quicktime?  Yeah, I have been converting my clips using an automator action, but my original projects themselves are gone.  So, if I wanted to tweak them and reupload I can't.  Now I have 2 versions of iMovie but still can't work on my old movies... I switched to Apple to avoid crap like this... crap like iMovie going backwards, Numbers turning into a 1987 version of Lotus 1-2-3... etc etc...  I am a fanboy, but they better get...
Why would I expect Apple to stop supporting Quicktime?  Yeah, I have been converting my clips using an automator action, but my original projects themselves are gone.  So, if I wanted to tweak them and reupload I can't.  Now I have 2 versions of iMovie but still can't work on my old movies...   I switched to Apple to avoid crap like this... crap like iMovie going backwards, Numbers turning into a 1987 version of Lotus 1-2-3... etc etc...  I am a fanboy, but they better...
It still blew up my old iMovie clips and I haven't recovered from that...
I'm kind of tired of the endless rants that pose as 'news' here... Why did MS release Office for iOS? Because they are going to make money. Why did they change their focus? Because their previous focus wasn't working. It's not like Apple hasn't had it's share of issues between its great successes... that's business and that's life.
 I was a big Page and Numbers fan (never used Keynote) but the last iteration sucks so bad...  even my wife said WTF and she used to like Pages. I'd be willing to give it a try at least... perhaps it will get Apple back on track with a professional level spreadsheet and not 'Scratch pad for iOS' that Numbers has devolved into... especially the OSX versions...
Every link to anything on the Drobo home page is broken. I'm supposed to trust my data to these guys?
 I think it's just the cultural shift as computers became common and the 'computer store' was no longer the domain of the geek... Or perhaps, the feeling of walking into a small computer shop became intimidating while you could not be afraid to be a dummy at Best Buy.  We used to have a store, aptly named 'Software Supermarket'... I worked there part-time as a high school geekender...  Anyway, I recall when we'd get 25 copies of 'Kings Quest' or 10 Amiga 500's in a...
I don't know it "can't compete" is the right reason... Apple products are somewhat notorious for being the same price everywhere. I think consumers have just shifted from supporting the local X-tech type of outfit to wanting the big, bright lights of the big box / Apple Store. They walk out with the same product, the same price, and the same support...
I'm still not sure why something that eliminates the whole CPU vs GPU hasn't been designed... I know OSX does some tricks in software to use GPU cycles, but why not a 196 core multi-purpose processor? I think we're approaching the threshold of usefulness... Doing 4000 fps on a 600dpi screen is no better than 60fps on a 300dpi screen...
My mail often seizes up and refuses to send or receive... I have to force quit it to revive it. It first went haywire when my mobile-me (iCloud) was full... so I deleted a lot of stuff, but it never seemed to work after that. However, that was coincident with Mavericks going live... so.... I dunno. I have to say, Apple is getting less and less like Apple...