or Connect

Posts by BeyondYourFrontDoor

After all the hype of Microsoft aiming the surface as a 'professional tablet' and slamming the iPad, it seems odd to now use the MacBook Air as a comparison. Is the Surface a tablet or not? I think not... it's a laptop that doesn't come with a keyboard and can't be used on your lap...
So, Americans are ripping of Americans? Maybe someone should invade you to liberate you from your oppressive regime. It's not like 'taxpayers' are carrying this load... everyone in Sillycone Valley is living the high-life on these tech giants... and those people pay taxes and buy stuff.
Oh I called... a lot...  the options were to deliver it to an 'Apple store' myself, or courier it to another authorized shop (Simply Computing or London Drugs are some of the options for me).  Given the risk of some kid screwing up my screen doing the swap, I was lucky enough that it stayed alive until I could take it to Apple.   They were freakishly busy, and in hindsight sending it to a smaller shop might have been better... they never addressed the issue of...
My drive started throwing bad sectors (lots of them) and I spend $$$ on Drive Genuis to repair it (spare bad blocks)... it just kept getting worse.  Ran my # and it said it wasn't eligible.  I am far from an Apple store, so finally made it this summer and got it replaced under Apple care.  Now, if I run my #, it is in the covered group.   I have mixed feelings on this issue...  in Canada especially, it is a huge issue to locate an actual Apple-authorized repair shop...
So... people were freaking about the glass back, so Apple switched to aluminum... surprise, it isn't as hard as glass, and if you run it with sandpaper it scratches... A better comparison would be doing the same with 4-5 leading phones... Android, WinPhone, or whatever...
Another cash grab... 4 was a $50 hit for not much... now another $50 for 5?  For what?!?!  For it to work with Mountain Lion?  Frak you.  I'm done with VMWare...  worse than having to buy a $299 'premium' version of Windows...
I had a very strange thing yesterday... my screen went black (still powered on), the mouse cursor was still there... then the display powered off... and this cycle repeated 5-6 times in 2 minutes, then the screen came back...  2010 iMac 27 inch...  when I hit escape, the screen would flash briefly...   Hasn't done it since... 
Wow... all 10 Quicken for Mac users have already posted a comment...
... and that is why you troll AppleInsider instead of creating cool stuff...
Ummm... it is called APPLE insider... Go troll the Android Insider board...