or Connect

Posts by BeyondYourFrontDoor

So... people were freaking about the glass back, so Apple switched to aluminum... surprise, it isn't as hard as glass, and if you run it with sandpaper it scratches... A better comparison would be doing the same with 4-5 leading phones... Android, WinPhone, or whatever...
Another cash grab... 4 was a $50 hit for not much... now another $50 for 5?  For what?!?!  For it to work with Mountain Lion?  Frak you.  I'm done with VMWare...  worse than having to buy a $299 'premium' version of Windows...
I had a very strange thing yesterday... my screen went black (still powered on), the mouse cursor was still there... then the display powered off... and this cycle repeated 5-6 times in 2 minutes, then the screen came back...  2010 iMac 27 inch...  when I hit escape, the screen would flash briefly...   Hasn't done it since... 
Wow... all 10 Quicken for Mac users have already posted a comment...
... and that is why you troll AppleInsider instead of creating cool stuff...
Ummm... it is called APPLE insider... Go troll the Android Insider board...
I thought they were going to be using WebOS to drive their printers and such? I guess that is going out the window as well?
I am sad.
There was/is lots of competition... the problem with most of them was they based their business model on 'free' music. Somehow, this didn't work as a business model. What Apple did was break the world into the concept of micro-transcations... .99 cents for a song, a few bucks for a movie... when the world was screaming for Napster, Limewire and the like to remain free. Now, they make billions on apps, songs, and music - and ya, they take their cut, but everyone else...
A revolutionary design choice would be to ban all gas-powered cars and have the capacity to generate it's own electricity on-site. Run the whole building and charge plug-ins with solar, hydrogen, or something else new. Can you imagine a $0 cost facility and the competitive edge it would give Apple?