or Connect

Posts by BeyondYourFrontDoor

The whole idea of an 'OS' is becoming irrelevant... Sure, you need some API's and stuff behind the scenes, but the OS part of iOS is nearly invisible to the end user. Old concepts like 'directory and file management' are being eclipsed with unified storage layers that let you view your data in any abstract way you want. The latest iterations of Windows and OSX are polishing some UI aspects, but the real leap is in sync, cloud, whatever you want to call it - taking a...
I just want iDisk to actually work... I watch it spin it's little wheel of death when I haven't changed anything all day... then go back to using my free DropBox account.... but, soon I will need to decide where to spend my $100 a year, and DropBox 'just works'.
That was a little different... some food services industries have long used super-hot water for their coffee because it allows them to use less coffee. There is no reason to give someone water that is next to boiling...
The fact that this keep getting so much press really makes Apple-ites look very fanboyish... I'm not a WP7 fan, but I do like the spin they put on how people are too fixated on their phones...
Well, there are two people 'here' with the same problem, and a lot more on Apple Forums. And... to have something running for a number of months, trouble free, to have an OS update cause problems... seems to point to the update. It isn't my job to debug Apple's stuff. After submitting several DOZEN reports for iPhoto, I am done with doing Apple's QA work for them. I love Apple, but they've had some very big misses the last few updates that are not cool...
I am having ethernet drops to my Sharespace... never had an issue in .4... But, I am not running server... just 10.6.5 desktop. Usually drops within the hour, but ran all day yesterday and dropped overnight...
If you live in that world, yes. I live in a networked world where my internet comes from a joint-venture WiMax project, I get 1mb down, sometimes, and pay $5 per GB. 10GB for a 'rental' movie costs me $50. Great deal.
I have a PS3... and don't need Blu-ray on my macs... but here is how it always goes: Wife: "I want to watch a movie on my MacBook" Me: "We only have it on Blu-ray" Wife: "That's dumb. Why doesn't my Mac play Blu-ray" Me: "Because Apple wants us to download movies" Wife "Don't we get charged $5 per gig for downloads?" Me "Yes, and that's why we don't download movies" So... for those in the land of mega-super-zinga free bandwidth - I envy you. There are lots of that would...
Well, if they put as much care into testing iWork as they did iLife 11... it will suck badly. iPhoto in particular is in very bad shape... expect several more .1 bug fixes. I've had 10 crashes in 2 days... and I'm not that hard on iPhoto. iPhoto 09 crashes? Never had one. I like iWork for the little I use it... but it needs to grow up and be a big-boy application. The whole tiny 'inspector' type paradigm needs to go. There is too much going on in too many...
Yup. That's it. Touch on the Air and an iOS layer...