or Connect

Posts by BeyondYourFrontDoor

If you live in that world, yes. I live in a networked world where my internet comes from a joint-venture WiMax project, I get 1mb down, sometimes, and pay $5 per GB. 10GB for a 'rental' movie costs me $50. Great deal.
I have a PS3... and don't need Blu-ray on my macs... but here is how it always goes: Wife: "I want to watch a movie on my MacBook" Me: "We only have it on Blu-ray" Wife: "That's dumb. Why doesn't my Mac play Blu-ray" Me: "Because Apple wants us to download movies" Wife "Don't we get charged $5 per gig for downloads?" Me "Yes, and that's why we don't download movies" So... for those in the land of mega-super-zinga free bandwidth - I envy you. There are lots of that would...
Well, if they put as much care into testing iWork as they did iLife 11... it will suck badly. iPhoto in particular is in very bad shape... expect several more .1 bug fixes. I've had 10 crashes in 2 days... and I'm not that hard on iPhoto. iPhoto 09 crashes? Never had one. I like iWork for the little I use it... but it needs to grow up and be a big-boy application. The whole tiny 'inspector' type paradigm needs to go. There is too much going on in too many...
Yup. That's it. Touch on the Air and an iOS layer...
It looks the same as the show on a month ago... no Steve on the show, but the people they interviewed were funny...
My iPad already does this. Hey look! It's a display! Hey look, when I touch it, it reacts! I guess I don't quite understand the problem this is trying to fix...
It wouldn't make sense for MS to kill CS for Mac... they are putting a lot of resources into Office for Mac... I think if MS is after Adobe, it is to try come up with a compelling App store alternative... something based on Flash technology so they can get lots of crappy apps built fast. MS is neglecting the fundamentals of development (hardware, os, software) because they've screwed the pooch on all 3 levels and need to buy their way back into the game. This is all...
I like the pebble-ish shape. But, I think MS and the like are missing the boat with the youngins'... Apple has the overwhelming mindshare of youth and university age folks... who are buying iPods, Pads, and Books as fast as they can make them. It's going to take something more than just-another-phone to turn the tide of 'coolness'. I think Apple has a stranglehold on this market for at least 5 years...
I was a beta tester for the original QFL... and you need to realize they totally scrapped that project and threw this thing together in about 3 months... so you know it isn't going to be all that fancy. I've been using Investoscope, which other than having an odd name, is a great Mac app for stock/investment tracking. With the amount of info available in on-line banking, is anyone really doing line-by-line tracking of every $2 debit purchase anymore? Seems like a...
I am not an MS fan... but after years of using Word and Excel, the only reason I can live with Pages and Numbers is because I am no longer in the 'business' world. Actually, Pages is pretty slick for what I do... but Numbers is always going to be a 'play' spreadsheet compared to Excel. For the market it's aimed at, that is AOK (that's me right now). But, if I needed the guts of Excel, I'd be glad to have access to the cheaper Mac version instead of having to deal with...