or Connect

Posts by BeyondYourFrontDoor

It looks the same as the show on a month ago... no Steve on the show, but the people they interviewed were funny...
My iPad already does this. Hey look! It's a display! Hey look, when I touch it, it reacts! I guess I don't quite understand the problem this is trying to fix...
It wouldn't make sense for MS to kill CS for Mac... they are putting a lot of resources into Office for Mac... I think if MS is after Adobe, it is to try come up with a compelling App store alternative... something based on Flash technology so they can get lots of crappy apps built fast. MS is neglecting the fundamentals of development (hardware, os, software) because they've screwed the pooch on all 3 levels and need to buy their way back into the game. This is all...
I like the pebble-ish shape. But, I think MS and the like are missing the boat with the youngins'... Apple has the overwhelming mindshare of youth and university age folks... who are buying iPods, Pads, and Books as fast as they can make them. It's going to take something more than just-another-phone to turn the tide of 'coolness'. I think Apple has a stranglehold on this market for at least 5 years...
I was a beta tester for the original QFL... and you need to realize they totally scrapped that project and threw this thing together in about 3 months... so you know it isn't going to be all that fancy. I've been using Investoscope, which other than having an odd name, is a great Mac app for stock/investment tracking. With the amount of info available in on-line banking, is anyone really doing line-by-line tracking of every $2 debit purchase anymore? Seems like a...
I am not an MS fan... but after years of using Word and Excel, the only reason I can live with Pages and Numbers is because I am no longer in the 'business' world. Actually, Pages is pretty slick for what I do... but Numbers is always going to be a 'play' spreadsheet compared to Excel. For the market it's aimed at, that is AOK (that's me right now). But, if I needed the guts of Excel, I'd be glad to have access to the cheaper Mac version instead of having to deal with...
I don't have the screen flickering on my 27, but since the 'fix' whenever the 'waiting' circle appears (not the beach ball), it is in a square patch that looks like TV noise in the background. Very odd. Maybe Applecare will be a good investment on this one... or maybe Apple will extend the warranty if there are issues they can't patch... Everything else is AOK.
My i7 1TB took a very rough and long, long journey to get to my house in northern Canada. I was worried about the broken screen issues as well... but, 3 weeks and it's been flawless. No issues. The packaging is quite sturdy, so if it gets broken, it has been treated very badly. Hopefully those of you closer to an Apple store can get yours fixed... my only options are a 1 month return shipment away!
All I get is a blank page when I go to their site... with a header strip on the top. Does it work with Safari? I just got a new iMac with 10.6.2 preloaded...
Is this possibly what is holding up the i5/i7 shipping date? I ordered an i7 the day it came out, and the ship date still says 'November'....