or Connect

Posts by BeyondYourFrontDoor

I don't have the screen flickering on my 27, but since the 'fix' whenever the 'waiting' circle appears (not the beach ball), it is in a square patch that looks like TV noise in the background. Very odd. Maybe Applecare will be a good investment on this one... or maybe Apple will extend the warranty if there are issues they can't patch... Everything else is AOK.
My i7 1TB took a very rough and long, long journey to get to my house in northern Canada. I was worried about the broken screen issues as well... but, 3 weeks and it's been flawless. No issues. The packaging is quite sturdy, so if it gets broken, it has been treated very badly. Hopefully those of you closer to an Apple store can get yours fixed... my only options are a 1 month return shipment away!
All I get is a blank page when I go to their site... with a header strip on the top. Does it work with Safari? I just got a new iMac with 10.6.2 preloaded...
Is this possibly what is holding up the i5/i7 shipping date? I ordered an i7 the day it came out, and the ship date still says 'November'....
The 'pipe' here isn't anything new... TOS, SP/DIF, Fibre Channel... whatever... The news here is creating a set of protocol supersets so this one wire can use multiple protocols at the same time. So, you'd still have to worry about each device understanding each other... but at lease they'd all use the same wire. A neat idea, but for this to work at all, you'd have to see it appear on all of Apple's gear at once - and hopefully some 3rd parties would follow along. ...
You had me right up until the word 'leverage'...
Brand value is different than brand recognition. As big as Apple is, they are still quite small in economic scale compared to Coke, IBM, and yes... Microsoft. Apple ranks higher in brand satisfaction, which adds value to the company. But, can Apple ever (or does it want to) move into enterprise applications? Datacentres? MIS systems? These aren't sexy for consumers, but when when you start licensing millions of servers and their related wares... that is where big...
This is bit like comparing a Mustang and a Camaro... You're never going to get the GM guy to look at the specs of the Mustang, or the Ford guy to look at the specs of the Camaro. Get what makes you feel good, and have a good time with it - THAT is what makes it a useful gadget. I had a piece-of-crap $500 Dell Axim... but with a bit of work it kept my life and music handy for a couple of years... Now, a $199 iPod Touch is a million times better... but either is just...
No, you just took the one quote which was a partial quote... but you've got it right now... In effect, I am saying that I don't think MobileMe is as much value as is being charged (for me), but that for many it is invaluable (for them), and that I have enough money to 'waste' that it isn't a big deal (for me). Your implication was that I was some type of rich maniac throwing money around. Again, my point is that whatever you get out of MobileMe, it isn't like you need a...
Thanks for the partial quotes - you could perhaps report on politics or movie-stars some day. If $100 for MobileMe is an issue for someone, then they have other priorities to think about than MacBooks... I recall working all summer to save up to buy a $500 C-64... so yes, now that I've been an adult for 20 years and have worked 20 years... $1000 or $2000 for a new Mac is relatively not a big deal for me. I paid $3000 for a freaking PS/1 (of the IBM flavour - not...