or Connect

Posts by BeyondYourFrontDoor

The early Mac's had the appearance of an AIO, but they had expansion slots and such. I think it is really the first candy-coloured iMacs that went to a closed-system.iMacs are indeed doing well in the tight desktop space, but their runaway success is with the MacBooks. And really, until the latest unibody Macs, they were solid, but not amazing. They were respectable hardware with a great OS, and a hefty price for the big ones. Now, they are making a killing with the 13...
To a point, I agree... MobileMe is a decent one-stop solution. But, using some other services isn't really that hard. iPhoto hooks into Flikr already. Google makes nice Picasa plug in. It's not that 'Frankenstein' an experience really. And, having been a .Mac user, I can say that the first while of MobileMe was quite far from 'just working', and we all got many free months of service because of it. Apple hasn't 'jumped' into social networking, but they aren't ignoring...
The point the original post made was to suggest the high price of Mac's was due to retail/reseller markup, and NOT Apple's markup. But, Apple sets the price and they don't have sales on their web-site or stores. The odd reseller will save you maybe 3 to 5 percent... not much of a sale... I didn't say I have 'so much' money. I have enough that I don't worry about getting some spectacular 'value' from MobileMe. Like a lot of Apple products, I'll pay more for simple...
How about adding the GPS to the Touch? That seems like a no-brainer that would make it a lot more useful for the un-connected world. And... they are ready to announce the Tablet... just not ship it...
Hubba whoba? You mean you can get it cheaper at Apple's web-site or own store? I think not. You can save a few dollars at MacMall and such, but a true Mac 'sale' on a new product only comes once a year to the Apple store... web or retail.
All what other services? I am logged in to me .Mac right now (.Me... whatever) and it has Mail, Address Book, Calendar, Gallery, iDisk and Settings. They used to have a small web-site tool, but they took that away. But, you can still host 1 site on your .Me account (but they won't host the domain).You don't need .Mac for screen sharing. I did that with Remote Desktop years ago on a PC, and use Screen Sharing on the Mac now... no MobileMe required. Syncing all my...
All right, let me go through the rest of it then... since you are too lazy to do your own research... Yes, Live has iDisk - it's called SkyDrive. 25GB free. MobileMe gives you 20GB to split between Mail and iDisk. To double the storage to 40GB is $50 a year (cdn). It is $129 a year for MobileMe in Canada. I don't have an iPhone, and don't actually live where there is cell-phone service. It is a neat feature that you can locate your phone, and wipe it. I imagine this...
Windows Live doesn't offer email? (Hotmail) Doesn't host photos? (Live Photos - 25GB free storage) What else doesn't it do? I am a MobileMe subscriber, but really, other than the convenience, you can get pretty much everything free from another service. It's people making these hardline 'Microsoft Sucks' types of rants that turn people away. The computer - Mac or PC - is quickly becoming just a window into a digital snapshot of a person - stored on the 'net. We're...
I don't understand the 4 page rant about this... some of the points are valid - some aren't... None of them are untrue. It reminds me of car-sales lectures... you don't point out the strengths of your competitor, you point out their weaknesses. I switched from PC about 2 years ago now... and looking back, yes, it was a bit of a change to get used to. It wasn't hard or anything, but it is a change. And I still miss some of my old PC apps, and have invested in Fusion...
My wife's Macbook popped up with a Malware warning yesterday, and it only has Leopard. Are you sure this is a Snow Leopard feature, and not a Safari update? Anyway, the malware warning she got was a pop artist web-site where she wanted to download some desktop wallpaper... odd... that's all the Mac needs is false warnings of doom...