or Connect

Posts by appstate98

Dumb question or yes, it will allow USB 3.0?  Kidding.  Thanks!
Dumb question, but if I purchase one of these TB hubs for a 2011 iMac, can I use the USB 3 ports?
Hi Marvin,   Thanks for the info!  What are your thoughts on Caldigit?  Looks like they're planning to release this is sometime this year: Thunderbolt Drive- CalDigit T2.   I can get one 512gb SSD now and another one later.
I have a 2011 3.4 GHz i7 iMac w/ 16GB of RAM.   I have 2 1TB external HDD (MacAlly enclosures)- one for my data files and the other is for my TimeMachine.   Since I've had my iMac, I've always encountered the beach ball when opening MS Office files and data files on the external HDD.   I'm at a point where I'm getting fed up with the lagging and delay.     Are there any external SSDs or enclosures similar to what I have w/ my HDD? (Not for the TM backups,...
Sorry guys if this has been discussed, but I can't find it. So today's big announcement pertained to the iPad 3. I'm waiting and waiting to hear when the new Macbook Pro/Air is going to be released. I've read plenty of rumors, but has anything been officially announced?
A few months ago I purchased my first Mac (iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7). I also purchased 2 Macally Hi-Speed Storage Enclosures each with a 1TB hard drive. Well, I tried setting up Apple's Time Machine, but it's telling me I don't have enough space. So here's what I'm thinking: - I need to purchase a 2TB hard drive (maybe this one: WD Caviar Green 2 TB) to replace one of the old 1TB hard drives. - I would use the new WD 2TB as the Time Machine hard...
Sorry- found answer
I'm a web developer so here's my setup: left screen-testing the webpage in Firefox using Firebug main screen- Dreamweaver- editing css files right screen- editing pages in Wordpress
Got my new iMac today! Damn this thing is fast!!!! I was lucky to have a firewire cable- I transferred all my settings/files from the MP to the iMac. I went for a run and came back and it was finished. As for RAM- I was happy to find out that i ordered 16GB instead of 8GB from Amazon! Now I have 3 displays- 27 and 2 24" in glorious HD! The i7 3.4 ghz is wicked fast!
Update- I'm going to purchase the iMac i7 3.4ghz w/ 1TB HDD. My wife is a Bank of America employee and she gets roughly a 8-12% discount. I still have to pay tax, but it's the best option I have. I will order 8GB RAM from Amazon also. I'm going to hold off on the SSD for now. I want to make sure this is the right computer for me. I don't want to make any major modifications only to later have to return it if I choose to send it back. I'm also going to hold...