or Connect

Posts by LuxoM3

QAMF   Dude, seriously +1.   It's just plain stupid to be so brand blinded that one ignores innovations going on around you.    Apple NEEDS Nokia and Android to be successful - because competition breeds innovation.   None of these fanbabies remember when Apple was THE underdog. If you take the iPhone away, Apple was at best, just another computer company. And just based on past and existing computer numbers, Apple would be in trouble if their future was...
Curious - I don't see anyone from Forrester or IDC research making claims of "damaged" reputations for the Microsoft XBOX One. Pretty much all the hardcore XBOX gamers have said "I'll probably buy one". Of course then again, who cares about the fact that media entertainment has surpassed gaming on the XBOX. Some of you guys are missing the point of the XBOX. It's a helluva lot more than a gaming console. And if they finish nailing down the TV aspect - Tivo might as well...
bobcubsfan - you are correct. The large houses like EA or Gameloft tend to be the one *making* money - due in large part to a large pool of popular games. Apps from banks, businesses, etc. make no money - but are merely media or maketing outlets for other products. So that leaves smaller companies or independent developers - who, when they upload their app, get lost in that over XXXX zillion apps available for iPhone! Tough way to make a living from Apps.
FWIW - this rivalry is a necessity. Neither Samsung nor Apple would really be motivated to improve, innovate, whatever without good solid threat from each other.  
FWIW - You REALLY have to wonder - WHO AT APPLE pissed off the Chinese government?   My best guess, a young-a**hole-exec from Apple sat down with a Government official and tried to push his hipster frame around. The Chinese culture is BIG on being humble, if only in manners...   Just a guess...
FWIW this is pretty awesome... as much as I enjoyed the products under Steve Jobs - Apple's attitude of corporate charity sucked under his leadership. Say all you want haters... but Apple's $8M is way more than any of you guys have given toward this disaster.   Come on guys... 10,000 people hurt. 
This... "Apple's earnings for its previous holiday quarter were flat year over year" Apple's biggest issue IS NOT whether its products are great or whatever... it's momentum. Rewind 4 or 5 even 6 years ago, Apple carved out an entirely new demand with it's iPhone and a new market with it's iPad. Everyone jumped on board. But as more competition moved in/caught up, the death of Steve Jobs, and perhaps the ability to negotiate globally... the momentum Apple had... has...
FWIW - it's hard to hate on the guy for leaving Apple... I mean come on...if I remember right... the only position *UP* was held by Steve Jobs... and the #2 was Tim Cook. If someone offered you a CEO job you'd ALL turn it down right? JCP competes in a REALLY REALLY REALLY difficult retail sphere... it's got Target / Walmart on the low-end and Kohls, Old Navy/Gap on the other side.  A talented marketer like Ron would have loved the challenge of JCPenney - and...
  Well note the study is for 2012... so the survey period is most likely beginning of 2012 and maybe fall 2012 (Surface fotopritn)... assuming at least 3-6s month to gather, compile, etc. the data and then release it. Surface ads only dropped last fall and Samsung, Nexus, and Kindle fire ads were/are pretty sporadic. So if you look at ads from 2009-2012... it's pretty much ALL Apple iPad.   Awareness still. And I just gave the survey another re-read... 506 respondents....
If I may... Apple's brand marketing is pretty bad-ass. Whether you love Apple or hate them... they are  the Coca-Cola of the tech world. The synergy between their products, especially the iPhone and iPods lent a pretty nice Halo effect to the iPad.   But I take this study with a grain of salt:   1. Time - are these users buying an iPad in 6 months or less or just being asked IF they were to buy a tablet, which one?   2. Advertising - Apart from iPads ads and...