or Connect

Posts by focher

Exactly! Ridiculous demands like breaks, lunch, and being paid on time. Labor laws are lame. We need to get back to the good ole days when we had things like child labor.There are way too many people here who show themselves to be nothing but Apple apologists regardless of the issue. It's a company. It's not perfect. The reason I personally like Tim Cook is that he knows this and is pushing a Apple to always be better.
Before really judging if this is a problem, don't we need to know exactly WHICH child will die? I mean, if you could teleport a smartphone back to when Hitler was a child I guess you would want it to be an Android device.
Best thing to do is leave a negative review on the app.
I fundamentally disagree. Google Wallet has moved the mass collection of data from data sets only available to the individual retailers to a "total data set" that Google is attempting to have about all purchasing. It's absolutely terrible. Even if you trust Google, it's a single source of all information. That's essentially a terrible situation.
Used it at Whole Foods last night. It was so simple I wasn't sure it had even worked ... But was then surprised that I still had to sign for the purchase.
That appears to be what Cook was addressing, that iPad buyers have longer upgrade cycles. If you use the first time buyers numbers that he cited (50%, even 70% in some markets) that means there's a lot of new consumers to iPad coming into the cycle. Once that cycle starts to hit, we'll see where that segment will go. It might be flat, it might be another growth engine. Anecdotally, I purchased an iPad 1 / 2 / 3 / Air. I won't be upgrading this cycle. If I had something...
While that claim is obviously exaggerated, the real question is exactly how is the PC market going to ever come out of its current structure? Everything is a race to the bottom, and none of the established vendors have been able to deliver a product to market that entices consumers to pay a premium. When it comes to profit, the PC wars may very well be over. 
Worked fine for me. Dropbox app had updated in the background and, after setting a passcode in the app, the "Turn on TouchID" toggle appeared in the same Passcode settings screen.   I did find a small bug. If you have TouchID enabled and attempt to authorize a 3rd party app to use Dropbox, the TouchID screen pops up. Using your fingerprint, the app then crashed before going to the "allow" page. Canceling the TouchID window allows you to enter the Dropbox passcode you've...
Ordered. Upgraded to the faster CPU and GPU, but always do aftermarket upgrade on the memory.
It's just as likely that Apple will release Yosemite on Thursday as not. The time difference between GM v3 / Public Beta doesn't likely drive that at all. They can patch up to Thursday morning and still release quickly because of the digital distribution model. Pretty much all the regression testing is going to be scripted on a mature platform like OS X. And it's not like Apple doesn't release OS X versions without a quick 10.x.1 release.