or Connect

Posts by focher

I've got news for you, but the development of ANY car with nascent technology loses money ... Until it doesn't. Funny how you cite BMW's unwillingness to lose money, except that they definitely lose money on the i3 and very likely the i8. Which is fine, because they're building a market and Developing their abilities to design and manufacture EVs, which they clearly see as the future of cars. Tesla has always said that their profitability will come with their third gen...
Every time I see someone claim all car manufacturers could do what Tesla has done, I wonder why after 4 years they haven't done it. No one is claiming the laws of physics don't apply, but Tesla has designed and manufactured a car people actually want. BMW clearly did not. Why is it that they instead designed a stereotypical compact car as their EV? Why not a normal car like an EV version of the 3 Series after their Active-E pilot program? Or the Mini-E that they had a...
Is that a "marketshare" recommendation to Apple? Pretty sure they'll design a car they believe is great and that they will want to drive. And I bet you won't find too many F-150s in the Apple employee parking lot.
Just get Plex (plex.tv). It streams music. Just point it at the iTunes Music folder.
They don't make any money off Android, and pretty much no one else does either. Sure, they have market share but that hasn't proven to be a very compelling metric when gauging business success.
The real truth is that there was nothing RIM could do when Apple decided to build a smartphone. 
 Wow. So thoroughly wrong. First, Apple - a corporation - has both issued and bought back shares over its course of existence since the IPO. Furthermore, it uses stock grants and options as a talent acquisition and retention tool. Second, it's not a matter of a corporation owing something or not to its shareholders. That's like saying your car - an asset - doesn't owe you anything. Shareholders own the company. There is no "Apple" except the one the shareholders own. The...
Umm. Shareholders own the company and would have to approve the move. I think starting the proposal with "screw you, shareholders" wouldn't be the best management strategy for going private. Taking a company private, by the way, is done by investors who see significant untapped value in a company. Management teams very often are not the drivers of such a strategy.
isnt the prison sentence the punitive part.Seems to irrational to force people to live on the fringe. It's a serious contributor to recidivism.
DOA