or Connect

Posts by focher

That plus a prepaid account is cheaper than your 2 year contract. It's math. Sorry.
You just have normal voicemail. I actually set mine to forward after som rings to my Google Voice number, and set GV to Do Not Disturb. I get transcribed messages and Visual Voicemail like functionality.
The problem with the "it isn't innovative" claim is that no one can really identify what would have been innovative ... because until Apple shows an innovation to the market, no one knows about it.
The problem is that Samsung's copying of Apple has made it the only smartphone manufacturer that has remained competitive in the marketplace against Apple. The lesson is that, while you will pay a penalty the penalty is far outweighed by the long term benefit. The risk takers are the losers in this situation.
Apple is launching in a lot more markets, both the ones simultaneous to the US launch and the second set of countries one week later. It would be hard to fathom that Apple hasn't significantly upgraded manufacturing capacity and/or built up a very large inventory prior to release.   I have to wait, though, as I won't buy a locked iPhone. I wish Apple would release them at the same time in the US as the carrier versions, but what can you do?
An unlocked phone means one thing - the phone is not restricted to a single carrier. The phone still needs to have the technology to work with a specific network. This is why iPhones with GSM (which was always the AT&T iPhone and the iPhone 4S, which includes both CDMA and GSM) would work in most other markets, as GSM is the most prevalent cellular technology.   Once you have an unlocked GSM phone, you can swap out the SIM card to use one from any provider. Outside of the...
With Straight Talk, you can use FaceTime over Cellular despite that it's on the AT&T network.   More than the iPhone FaceTime restrictions from AT&T, AT&T's policy regarding FaceTime over Cellular for iPad data plans is even more egregious. They have applied the same "only for shared data plans" policy despite the iPad only has data plans. So $30 for the 3GB plan still doesn't give FaceTime over Cellular access.
iOS beta updates and the updates to GM have always been made available through Software Update.
Funny, but apparently DigiTimes was the first one to leak the iPad Mini product as far back as February. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Not necessarily, because there's probably some statistical baseline or floor to the customer ratings. It's likely that no satisfaction was rated on a score of 0, so the real "0" rating is probably closer to the HP/Palm and RIM/BB ratings.