or Connect

Posts by focher

Obviously another total fail by Apple to not match and even exceed analysts' expectations. I have mind to liquidate my shares but cannot do so as I'm an actual long term investor and not a day trader.
 I don't believe Apple has any ownership of ARM anymore despite they were one of the founders (Acorn, Apple, and VLSI). Pretty sure they divested themselves early in Jobs' return to Apple as one way to get cash back to fund Apple's "rebirth". They are now licensees like many others. Of course, they are also the first ones to bring a product to market with the 64 bit core / architecture.
Look! A squirrel!
Why would you make such a terrible investment? From your perspective, Apple is a financially mismanaged company yet you invested your own money in them. That makes no sense, so it must mean that it would make no sense to follow your other financial advice.
I am torn. On the one hand, many of the things he says in his letter are true. I also agree that Apple should be buying back its shares. That being true, I'm so opposed to short term investors (of which he is one, despite his characterization otherwise, because no investment company is really a long term investor) trying to manage from the shareholder perspective that I will not support his proposal. The only people who have demonstrated a true commitment to Apple's...
I'm so pissed. I had submitted an idea for this "real life example" ad campaign. It's all about how I use my iPad to stalk women. Last time was when I totally picked up this girl on a ski lift and later showed her how I had made collages of her photos and created a virtual "wall" of her photos with little pins to hold them up. True story.
I consider myself adept at sarcasm detection, but that's pretty borderline. Some might take it seriously, thinking Nest really is a thermostat company. Just like Apple is a smartphone company or a PC vendor.
I think if Apple enters this market, the watches will be "normal" looking instead of the ongoing parade of monstrosities that everyone else keeps introducing. Hopefully it will just be a screen (round) with a BLE connection to the iPhone.
Pretty much confirms everything Jobs claimed - that Android was just a knockoff of iOS and the iPhone. What is interesting though, is that it seems to disprove the allegation that Eric Schmidt, who was on Apple's board at the time, was passing along iPhone information to Google ... at least prior to the public unveiling. Not sure how much the board knew about the iPhone before the unveiling, but it appears the Google engineers didn't know about it beforehand.
Yeah, all those operators that refuse to accept the iPhone. That's really worked well for them, eh?