or Connect

Posts by focher

Look! A squirrel!
Why would you make such a terrible investment? From your perspective, Apple is a financially mismanaged company yet you invested your own money in them. That makes no sense, so it must mean that it would make no sense to follow your other financial advice.
I am torn. On the one hand, many of the things he says in his letter are true. I also agree that Apple should be buying back its shares. That being true, I'm so opposed to short term investors (of which he is one, despite his characterization otherwise, because no investment company is really a long term investor) trying to manage from the shareholder perspective that I will not support his proposal. The only people who have demonstrated a true commitment to Apple's...
I'm so pissed. I had submitted an idea for this "real life example" ad campaign. It's all about how I use my iPad to stalk women. Last time was when I totally picked up this girl on a ski lift and later showed her how I had made collages of her photos and created a virtual "wall" of her photos with little pins to hold them up. True story.
I consider myself adept at sarcasm detection, but that's pretty borderline. Some might take it seriously, thinking Nest really is a thermostat company. Just like Apple is a smartphone company or a PC vendor.
I think if Apple enters this market, the watches will be "normal" looking instead of the ongoing parade of monstrosities that everyone else keeps introducing. Hopefully it will just be a screen (round) with a BLE connection to the iPhone.
Pretty much confirms everything Jobs claimed - that Android was just a knockoff of iOS and the iPhone. What is interesting though, is that it seems to disprove the allegation that Eric Schmidt, who was on Apple's board at the time, was passing along iPhone information to Google ... at least prior to the public unveiling. Not sure how much the board knew about the iPhone before the unveiling, but it appears the Google engineers didn't know about it beforehand.
Yeah, all those operators that refuse to accept the iPhone. That's really worked well for them, eh?
I ordered a Pencil because I'm still on my quest for a good replacement for a paper/pen notepad. I have a SmartPen but hate the requirement for special paper. I have a Pogo Connect but don't think it feels as natural as a pen, plus I never found an app that really handles palm rejection effectively. We'll see how this one goes... Without an active digitizer, the iPad really struggles with having the pieces in place to work effectively with a stylus. It's the only feature...
This is actually untrue. Multiple Nest Thermostats do actually interact, although Nest doesn't really make it clear to what extent. One function, for example, is the Away function. Setting one device to Away (or having Auto Away trigger) is communicated to other devices. When the Away is deactivated - manually or automatically - it also does so on the other thermostats. The new Nest Protect (CO2 and smoke alarm) also interacts with Nest Thermostats.